Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 167

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-2014-02-06-17-23-27-jpg

User Info Menu

My pedalboard. Nothing too fancy and on most gigs I don't end up using any of it.

Show Your Pedalboards!-pedalboard-jpg

User Info Menu

Love this thread !

Here is mine, after years not playing much outside and mainly using computer + ableton live + vst plugins (Bootsie's pugins, Valhalla Reverbs, free vst amp simulators, ...).

This is an electric AND acoustic rig, and not electric OR acoustic. I use it for my acoustic and electric guitars indifferently.
    All my electrics have a transducer to be mixed with the magnetic PU, hence the Zoom A3 with its two inputs. The Zoom A3 is great for gigging, but unfortunately has a noticeable high pitch digital sound ringing all the time, what a bummer ! I hope it will be fixed in a firmware update, if possible.

This little Artec EQ proves to be very useful, no added noise, true bypass, and the bass EQ's frequencies are a better choice for me than a guitar EQ, 100Hz and 50Hz separated is a must to cut some boxy-ness without loosing thump.

Just ditched the Ditto for a JamMan Solo XT, originally just because it is stereo, but i ended up dismissing my promise to stay simple, because the JamMan is so convenient.
    A Ditto X2 in stereo will be out in March but even though, i prefer the SoloXT.

Show Your Pedalboards!-fj310129_zps83a6471c-jpg
    Last edited by xuoham; 02-07-2014 at 12:03 AM.

can't resist...
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Your Pedalboards!-2014-02-06-23-20-55-jpg 

User Info Menu

Heres mine. i do acoustic gigs as well thats what the Aura is there for
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Your Pedalboards!-img_2918-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    Heres mine. i do acoustic gigs as well thats what the Aura is there for
    Very interesting and original board ...

AMT "Japanese Girl" WahWah ??? First time i see this. On the paper it seems very nice ! And affordable ... mmmm ...

Also it's interesting to see effects that are close from each other:
    wah and proton
    flint, lex and chorus

Do you use the Proton only as autowah or do you sometimes used it as a cocked wah ?
    Sometimes with a low enough cutoff and resonance it can sound like a nice darkjazz amp.

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-photo-jpg

Here's mine, it's all on the shelf currently though, this is just the last config I can remember. Used it to make a weird James Ferraro wannabe tape last summer.

User Info Menu

happy with this one...

Show Your Pedalboards!-2014-02-11-16-56-43-jpg

User Info Menu

just updated mine.
    Got a Mono Case/PedalTrain combo for my birthday
    For a while I had a Strymon Flint on here as well. Great pedal but let it go to get another EJ strat.
    This board does about anything I need.

User Info Menu

For playing jazz, I don't use a pedal board. For playing blues, a tuner, a boost, OD and a delay is a versatile and compact rig.

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-img_3634-jpg

Had to drag up this old thread sorry!

Triple True Bypass Loop
    Ibanez ES2 Echo Shifter (delay)
    Way Huge Ring Worm (ring modulator)
    Ibanez DSC10 Digital Chorus (1991)
    Mooer Trelicopter (tremolo)
    Mooer Slow Engine (auto volume swell)
    EHX Freeze (infintie sustain with soft switch pedal mod)
    TC Electronic Hall of Fame (reverb)
    Boss RC-20 (looper 2008) with external pedal for reverse mode
    Murder One (kill switch)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Foulds Jazz Guitars
    EHX Freeze (infintie sustain with soft switch pedal mod)
    TC Electronic Hall of Fame (reverb)

Ha ! Me too ! HOF + Freeze ! Freeze:did you do the mod yourself ? I did ... and more and more i think that a drill and a soldering iron are basic mandatory elements of an electric guitarist. What a bummer, this Freeze : sounds awesome, great idea, and noisy, rigid switch ! For something that should have the softness of a keyboard's sustain pedal...
    Made me wonder about your kill switch : is it soft ? Doesn't look so ... but it might be: the ditto's swtich looks like this but is soft actually. A kill switch in the REAR of a pedal board ??
    Nice board !

edit: Ah, you have plugs on your guitar ... home made ?

Foulds, established 1893 ! You don't look your age ...
    Last edited by xuoham; 02-16-2014 at 08:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Hah! Jazz keeps me young..

Yes I did the Freeze mod myself (twice actually as I did it for my friend and amazing musician Phil Robson too) with this switch (I'm pretty sure). It's a soft no click switch and I cannot work out why they almost ruined the genius of this pedal by putting in a loud clicking switch for the sake of a couple $. It's easy to do and if you have this pedal then you really should swap it out- if I can do it anyone can..
    Exactly the same switch in the killswitch too. but you can opt for a latching if you want.

The kill switch could have gone in a few places on the board as it's there for 2 reasons, firstly there is a MASSIVE pop through the speaker when you first engage the Ring modulator after turning on so I use the killswitch to turn it on and off again silently and also it's for a stuttering effect when it's crazy time in the band I'm in.

The plugs I bought years ago, the famous and almost hilariously expensive Dougs Plugs... Essential with my Eastman T146SMD as it feeds back a lot at volume.

User Info Menu

Hi Dan, yes thank you i already did the mod myself.

I was so shocked to see such a nice pedal with such a clumsy switch that i was searching the web for an explanation within one hour upon receiving the pedal, and found some mod examples.
    But i did a dirtier job than you : drill a hole and connect a female jack. Not replacing the switch !

Thanks for the explanations !

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-img_1936-jpgShow Your Pedalboards!-img_1938-jpg

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-dm-pedals-jpg

Effects

-Vox V847 Wah

-Ernie Ball Jr Volume Pedal

-Mooer Micro ABY (Line Selector)

-Mooer Ensemble King (Chorus)

-Mooer Ninety Orange (Phaser)

-TC Electronic Ditto Looper

-TC Electronic Flashback (Delay)

-TC Electronic Hall of Fame Mini (Reverb)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Foulds Jazz Guitars
    "smart switch "

I did it the dirty way but the smart way somehow considering i also wanted to control with one box also my JamMan and the Zoom G3 "hold" on the delays. Cost: $20, with very, very soft buttons, very sensitive, (in Japan we are barefoot indoors) but not for Lemmy from Mötörhead, if you see what i mean.

Show Your Pedalboards!-fj310144_zpsaaeb7936-jpg

User Info Menu

The only pedal I use with any regularity is a Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper. I'll use reverb and chorus on my amps. I've got some MXR pedals and a Dunlop Cry Baby that are all packed away in their original boxes and haven't been used in years.

User Info Menu

The jazz pedal board has always been an interesting topic to me. Jazz guitar is somewhat "plain" in common gig situations, but I seem to find a use for even the most exotic pedals. Anyway, I'm interested to see what others use. If possible, don't post your "normal" pedalboard that you sometimes play jazz through...the reason I wanted to start this thread was to see which effects people are using for their jazz gigs. But hey, I'll never complain about seeing more pedals so post away.

My current jazz chain: TC Electronics PolyTune > Keeley Compressor > Strymon Lex > TC Electronics Alter Ego (custom delay) > Strymon BlueSky
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Your Pedalboards!-image-jpg 

User Info Menu

My jazz pedal board is a 8 x 6 piece of ply with a RC3 looper and a separate stop switch set into a cut-out mouse mat ( if wondering about why a separate stop switch, just try pressing the main pedal twice while timing a stop in tempo )

I'm intrigued to see what else jazz pedal boards could be….

User Info Menu

i mostly do not use a pedal board just guitar into the amp

but i have one for when the gig requires it

very basic just

a Boss FDR1 (fender deluxe reverb modeller) for some fenderish tone
    a Boss GE7 , which i just keep there mostly unused but every now and then i find eq a great way to sort out a tone problem
    a Boss RC3 looper and the boss FS6 switch's connected to looper
    a soundcraft mixer which i use as is need either for multiple guitars into my amp or for PA use and line it out to the house system

Show Your Pedalboards!-photo1114-jpg

User Info Menu

I have a medium sized pedalboard I love for the rock and funk stuff I play, but for jazz I just use a Mad Professor Silver Spring reverb pedal into my amp. Or sometimes nothing if I use my Princeton Reverb.

I play a 5E3- amp and for jazz this could work alone, but I always have a tc hof and a tc flashback before my amp.

The newest pedal is a mooer black secret, which I find amazing for some modrn sounds. Especialy for soloing this one is nice. I even like the turbo setting more in a jazz context.

User Info Menu

This is my current pedal board:

I also have an Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail that I use when I need reverb, a TC Electronic Ditto looper that I sometimes use for practicing, and a Boss FDR-1 that I don't use much anymore.

I was going to get an Empress Para Eq, but I decided two wait a bit. I might still get one.

@ Gabe: what is the frame under your pedals? It looks like the perfect size for what I'd need when I use more than just the Hilton volume pedal. Does it have a gig bag or case?