The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 106 of 106

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guga7
    That's beautiful! Did you built it from scratch or was it a diy kit?
    I got the parts from a bunch of different places. The body is guitar mill and the neck is musikraft roasted maple. The pickups are by TK Smith. All the hardware is just whatever stewmac carries.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arielcee
    Looks lovely! 16" × 3"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Br.
    Not sure but I believe 16 x 3 is pretty close.
    Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if Ibanez makes or (or made in the past 20 plus years or so) a 17" hollowbody? I've had no luck via online searches, in answering this question. I like Ibanez hollow and semi-hollow guitars (used to have an AS73, and then an AS120), but for the past several years, I've preferred 17" over 16" archtops.

Ellen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EllenGtrGrl
    Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if Ibanez makes or (or made in the past 20 plus years or so) a 17" hollowbody? I've had no luck via online searches, in answering this question. I like Ibanez hollow and semi-hollow guitars (used to have an AS73, and then an AS120), but for the past several years, I've preferred 17" over 16" archtops.

Ellen
    As far as I know the only Ibanez hollowbody with a 17" body was the late '70's 'lawsuit' Johnny Smith (aka 2461).

The current GB200 and AF200 both will get you close, with a 16 3/4" body width.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mad dog
    I think "cheaper" would be more accurate ... I partway traded into this 750 dollar Ibanez AJK95, sold here by Rolijen. He upgraded it in every way you might think to upgrade it. Including Seth Lover p/us and electronics, new tailpiece, bridge, tuners. That sort of thing. You can find them cheaper used. I've not seen another one so thoroughly and sensibly upgraded.

Robert said it was something special. And that it is. These p/us are so sweet with the lam spruce top. Plugged into another affordable classic - Quilter OD200 head, using the clean channel with gain up, master down, through a ported 1x12 - the sounds are endlessly fascinating. Clear and rich, with held notes sustaining to just short of feedback at medium volumes. Very thankful I decided to try this one.

Attachment 65805
    I’m very happy you are enjoying this special guitar. To be honest, that guitar very much blows away the LGB30 which is built on the same production line. I’m glad it’s in good hands!

Roli (Robert!)

User Info Menu

My best “cheapie” is this Epiphone Broadway which I plan to upgrade with better wiring and pickups at some point. But it plays and sounds as smooth as buttah. $550. I play it almost as much as my L-5. Couldn’t stand the goofy Epi pickguard so I put an L-5 guard on it as well as keystone tuner buttons. Otherwise stock and wonderful.

Sorry pics are sideways. Doing this on my iPad.

Roli
    Your LEAST expensive great sounding/playing guitars-37e1e170-54db-4da9-afcf-ee6deef66cb4-jpegYour LEAST expensive great sounding/playing guitars-d3145d6f-f4f4-4d1d-8174-4dfad905ce67-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    As far as I know the only Ibanez hollowbody with a 17" body was the late '70's 'lawsuit' Johnny Smith (aka 2461).

The current GB200 and AF200 both will get you close, with a 16 3/4" body width.
    Thanks for the info.