Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 63 of 63

User Info Menu

That's definitely a Heritage built Gretsch.

Aside from some ornamental features, that is a Super Eagle. I don't know the bracing though.

Very nice.
    MG

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Agreed. It's a sunburst version of the blonde I owned. And yes, it's essentially a Heritage Super Eagle in Gretsch trimming. Great guitar, and now a priceless classic. They won't be making any more than the 24
    When I got pretty good I went on the road with a group - We starved - Wes Montgomery

User Info Menu

What a twist.
    My dad ordered a Gibson Sunburst.
    He accepted the Gretsch as substitute.
    But turns out the guitar was built by Gibson folks (at Heritage)...with a sunburst finish.
    Maybe he got his Gibson Sunburst after all (disguised as a Gretsch SE)
    He never knew.
    With the good help from people like you, maybe he's laughing now.
    All the Best

User Info Menu

Your dad did well. If that was the only guitar I had throughout my adult life, I would consider myself very lucky.
    MG

User Info Menu

One nice thing about zombie threads is seeing comments of members who are no longer with us.
    Regards,

Gary

User Info Menu

I'm glad someone reincarnated this thread. Otherwise I would have missed seeing the pictures of that beautiful guitar and that delicious piece of top wood. If I owned that thing I'd be afraid to play it... I think I'd frame it and hang it in a very prominent (but safe) place.

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI View Post
    One nice thing about zombie threads is seeing comments of members who are no longer with us.
    Yes. But to me, since Patrick’s passing seeing old threads is a reminder of what this place no longer is.

Its now divided into cliques. Everything changes, I get it. These cliques didn’t exist during Patrick’s era. That occurred after his passing.
    When I got pretty good I went on the road with a group - We starved - Wes Montgomery

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop View Post
    Yes. But to me, since Patrick’s passing seeing old threads is a reminder of what this place no longer is. Its now divided into cliques. Everything changes, I get it. These cliques didn’t exist during Patrick’s era. That occurred after his passing.
    I'm still in touch with Patrick. He told me to tell you you're a dick.
    Then he apologized profusely for saying that and complained about the air-conditioning.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 05-26-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    "Somebody get me out of this chair." - BOB WILLS
    Hammertone is a registered Hofnerologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    I'm still in touch with Patrick. He told me to tell you you're a dick.
    Oh, he discovered I sold the rare Super Eagle I purchased from him? Carry on Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by strumcat View Post
    I'm glad someone reincarnated this thread. Otherwise I would have missed seeing the pictures of that beautiful guitar and that delicious piece of top wood. If I owned that thing I'd be afraid to play it... I think I'd frame it and hang it in a very prominent (but safe) place.
    Yes, I gave up the spam account aka photobucket. Like Guild said, guitars are "made to be played."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop View Post
    Oh, he discovered I sold the rare Super Eagle I purchased from him? Carry on Marine!
    Yeah. He keeps trying to buy my SE. I keep telling him that shipping will be a problem and that I'm not interested in personally delivering the guitar, but he just won't take no for an answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Gretsch arrives...-heritage-se-sbc-front-jpg Heritage Gretsch arrives...-heritage-se-sbc-back-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    Yeah. He keeps trying to buy my SE. I keep telling him that shipping will be a problem and that I'm not interested in personally delivering the guitar, but he just won't take no for an answer.
    You are suggesting that delivery may require a descent to a remarkably overheated place?

I suspect that Patrick will have fireplaces in the bathrooms even there. The guy knows how to live. Even in the after-life.

User Info Menu

It's a dry heat.