The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

It's also a lot to do with how the guitar feels when played. As I have played solids for most of my life and at the other extreme, dreadnoughts, the high bridge, neck set feel of an archtop is rather foreign to me. Although I did start out on a Hofner Committee playing Chuck Berry Standards.

Blindfold, the different feel of each of these guitars would be pretty obvious and I think that is very often what players buy. However at the top end, I would still argue not many pros are prepared to spend as much as 25% of their annual net income on an instrument unless they are an orchestral player where its all part of the culture to play 300 year old violins and cellos and have rich benefactors support you as their "rich person's hobby."

Personally I am quite relaxed about taking on a mega rich roadie who wants to buy everything and tote it all around to my gigs so they are part of something different from their day to day work in the Bank. I could quite like that sort of Banker!
    Last edited by ChrisDowning; 12-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDowning
    Personally I am quite relaxed about taking on a mega rich roadie who wants to buy everything and tote it all around to my gigs so they are part of something different from their day to day work in the Bank. I could quite like that sort of Banker!
    ^^^This.