The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link Bill, D'Aquisto's aesthetic has always impressed me as being well... perfect - and Borys is one the few luthiers who seems to be cut from the same cloth. Knowing what to leave out as well as what to put in

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think this is an elite not a deluxe that Chuck is playing here

One of the best bop guitar clips on youtube IMO

User Info Menu

A year ago I observed a black Elite on eBay that took several weeks to sell @ $2100. Too bad I wasn't more knowledgeable about the guitar I might have considered it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 3625
    Thanks for the link Bill, D'Aquisto's aesthetic has always impressed me as being well... perfect - and Borys is one the few luthiers who seems to be cut from the same cloth. Knowing what to leave out as well as what to put in
    I agree. I understand that Roger apprenticed with Jimmy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nico's dream
    Anybody has a fender d'aquisto deluxe ?
    which is its value compared with other archtop(gibson es 175 , Ibanez gb 10)
    Thanks
    I know your post is old, but...

I have a standard, and it's one of the nicest guitars I've ever played. Warmer than my 175, softer than my 575. It's the only archtop I have that I like flat wound strings on.

I can't imagine why these sell for so little. Maybe the Fender name has a stigma attached to it, or that the D'Aquisto name applied on it is thought to be a marketing thing, whatever it is the fact is I wouldn't trade mine for many other guitars.

If you ever get a chance to play one, you'll see what I mean, and I don't think a recording will do it justice.