The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 188 of 188

User Info Menu

Thank You KirkP Finally I removed the 2 caps and I replaced them for Mallory caps (.001 uf and .047 uf). I cleaned inside the box (fluid of the .02 uf cap) and now it works fine!.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge_70
    Thank You KirkP Finally I removed the 2 caps and I replaced them for Mallory caps (.001 uf and .047 uf). I cleaned inside the box (fluid of the .02 uf cap) and now it works fine!
    That’s great! I’ve never had an opportunity to use an original control box. Could you comment on how it responds as you roll the tone volume and tone back? Does it seem pretty much like modern volume and tone controls on your other guitars? Do you find the “rhythm switch” useful? If it is, I might be tempted to hide a small switch under my pickguard for the same purpose.
    Last edited by KirkP; 10-21-2019 at 02:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KirkP
    That’s great! I’ve never had an opportunity to use an original control box. Could you comment on how it responds as you roll the tone volume and tone back? Does is seem pretty much like modern volume and tone controls on your other guitars? Do you find the “rhythm switch” useful? If it is, I might be tempted to hide a small switch under my pickguard for the same purpose.

Of course KirkP!.

The rhythm switch is quite useful for me at least. The difference when activated is remarkable.

For example, when you are at considerable volume of the amp and you play for example Gipsy-style rhythm or swing hitting the strings with energy (with the switch in “solo” mode) the bass escapes and does not offer a definite sound (is more electric, perfect for solos, but not for rhythms). When you do the same with the rhythm switch activated you can hit the strings more hard and you get odvious more clarity of every note you play. It is a more flatter sound, with less punch and less bass, but more acoustic and woody-organic sound.

I like this and it is perfect to accompany in swing rhythms and what I play most, western bop.

My English is not so good. I hope I have clarified something about it.

Kind regards,

Jorge

User Info Menu

Mine here on L48 Gibson (1964)

User Info Menu

Mine and me with mine L48 Gibson

User Info Menu

If any has one of these can tell me the height of the pickup, preferably in mm's? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. TIA.

User Info Menu

9mm at the thickest part i.e. between the pole pieces. 11mm from the bottom of the pickup to the top of the pole piece when screwed down fully. Again at the thickest part about the middle.

User Info Menu

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Boy, those DeArmond pickups really get the 1950s Johnny Smith vibe, don't they?

User Info Menu

Mine Guild modified with 1100 PU

User Info Menu

I’m restoring a DeArmond 1000 Rhythm Chief. I’m missing a nut for the tone POT. It is close to a 1/4” 28. Does anyone know the spec for the nut on the DeArmond or a source for the nut. I’ve tried the 1/4” but it only makes a few revolutions before stopping.

Hi! Someone can tell me how to open the control box of the dearmond rc 1000?DeArmond 1100 Rhythm Chief-dearmond_control_box-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe 146
    Hi! Someone can tell me how to open the control box of the dearmond rc 1000?
    You should be able to pry the bottom out. It has a lip the fits inside the top section.
    Keith