The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 49 of 49
    Hand made Archtop Guitars in high quality are avaiable also in Slovenia. Luthier produces them in a small workshop, almost 100% hand made. They are hand carved, solid wood, air dryed for several years.
    Avaiable also custom models.
    www.glasbila-erman.com
    Archtop Shops Europe-img_2684-jpgArchtop Shops Europe-img_2070-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkatten
    Jazzisten In Denmark

good suggestion!

They even sell jazz-amps like jazzamp, jazzcat and quilter-amps, which is really uncommon for a european seller.

PREDSTAVITEV
    FACEBOOK: archtop guitars erman
    Liebe Gruesse!

User Info Menu

Only the first page is viewable on an iPad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redwater
    Thank you so much everyone. I think I will find a guitar for me.
    I Germany it is hard to find some Archtop dealers with plenty of different Archtops.
    By the way: I know how to handle a guitar. It was more of a metaphor for a cheaper guitar that I am looking for instead of a custom made instrument by a luthier... Think Eastman instead of Sonntag :-)

EDIT: These Jaen Guitars are really nice. I did not find any Prices on his Website. Does anybody know the pricerange of these guitars?
    Have you tried Thomanns their prices are quite good? they stock guitars right up to L5's etc. The Ibanez range is very good and affordable.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/semiacoustic_guitars.html
    Last edited by TonyB56; 04-19-2014 at 05:46 AM.

User Info Menu

This thread is 2 years old I am sure the OP has found a guitar by now

User Info Menu

For sure I did!

User Info Menu

lol I never noticed, my eyes must be going along with everything else.

User Info Menu

Rozawood.cz

Maker of fine stringed instruments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redwater
    Thank you. More suggestions are welcome.
    Elferink Guitars are really beautiful, but I am looking for a cheaper guitar that I don`t have to worry about when it is left in my car trunk.
    Whoa!

You could try a Normandy archtop made of aluminium. But the neck is still made of wood so even this one would suffer in the trunk of your car.

Aluminum Guitars Chrome Guitar Archtop Bass Normandy Guitars

Wir fertigen professionelle Custom-Instrumente, persönliche Unikate, die traditionell und in handwerklicher Perfektion vollständig bei uns hergestellt werden. Dadurch erreichen wir maximale Flexibilität bei der Umsetzung individueller Wünsche und Anforderungen unserer Kunden.
    New guitars just made:
    Erman Guitars -Slovenia

www.glasbila-erman.com
    www.oberkrainergitarren-erman.de

User Info Menu

So in 2019, where can you buy high end arch tops?

Also I’m going to Italy soon, any good stores there?

User Info Menu

I was on tour in Austria/Germany recently, ran across this luthier's shop in Graz. He had a lot of interesting instruments, a German-tradition archtop, baroque instruments, pointy shredder guitars, 5 & 6 string basses. Only played them for bit,but all seemed well made

13 Custom Instruments – Instrumentenbau in Graz

PK

User Info Menu

Moin!

Liberty Music (Home) by Ernst Weinbach is a dedicated archtop seller, who also carries amps (e.g. Henriksen) and cabs (e.g. his own & my TOOB) for jazz guitar. Ernst's biggest seller is Eastman, but he has other new and used archtops available, including Jaen and Benedetto. He's also extremely networked, e.g. to Japan. He ships everywhere.

Did you know that, in the nearby town of Kandel, an Archtop Forum has been organized several times? For some reason, they skipped 2018 and 2019, at one point considering to move the event inside the new and hugely successful Guitar Summit event in Mannheim. Apparently, this did not work out, so the next Archtop Forum will be held in 2020. It's been Novemberish in the past.

User Info Menu

This: Rialto

VS

This:

Benedetto Custom 16 B 2018 Black pearl | Reverb

Both would potentially be bought untried, so I am a little crazy...

User Info Menu

VAT alone explains that... sales tax in the US is much lower.

User Info Menu

I’m seriously thinking about buying that 16B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Yup. E.g. Germany 19%, Finland 24%, Hungary 27% vs 0-7% in the USA and up to 13% or so in Canada. However, EU vendors selling outside the Community do not have to charge VAT, whereby Thomann, for example, should be quite competitive from a US perspective. Of course, it makes little sense to send US-made stuff back to the States from Europe. Another curse for occasional and small-time vendors, probably irrespective of location, is the high shipping rates. For instance, the Finnish Post requires 200 parcels per year to offer corporate rates - irrespective of the value of the typical shipment. The courier companies transport stuff from Germany at half the rate of what it would cost to return the same thing. Aargh! There's no justice!

User Info Menu

Saving some money for D'Angelico New Yorker copy that a Dutch luthier Wout Bosma would build me. A great luthier located in Dordrecht, NL.

Welcome at Bosma Guitars

User Info Menu

Hi, I'm constantly searching European market, because of buying an expensive guitar without playing it before is not a good idea for me.
    So thanks for this thread. There is a bunch of great luthiers here in Czech Rep. and I definitely fell in love with this guitar (fiserguitars.cz) but by eye so far.

Archtop Shops Europe-photo-365-dsc_9078-jpg

To extend this thread, I would add Gregs Guitars in Germany
    Greg's Guitars - Selected Guitars and Gear.
    I'm jealous of the US market/eBay/Reverb (especially with vintage Gibsons and similars) however, it's so larger!

User Info Menu

A lot has changed (for the worse) since the start of this thread. London's Mairants is no more, but Mak's continues in the same premises and with expertise. Not sure about Jazzisten in Copenhagen. Liberty-Music in Neustadt, Germany tried to exit but in the end scaled down to amps and cabs only. Many great luthiers in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Czech Republic etc. Knowledgeable secondhand/vintage vendors with a constantly changing inventory everywhere in Europe, e.g. Kitarapaja and Kitarakuu in Finland. For budget-priced new instruments, look for Ibanez and Gretsch resellers. Korean-made Epiphones (Broadway, Emperor Regent) keep getting better with age and can still be had for well under 1K.

User Info Menu

Make a trip to paris, on Rue De Douai you'll find plenty of guitar shops with archtops.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by himself
    To extend this thread, I would add Gregs Guitars in Germany
    Greg's Guitars - Selected Guitars and Gear.
    I bought a Heritage Golden Eagle from Greg back in 2015. He put the guitar case into the cardboard box without any cushioning or padding. Never again! Thank you...

User Info Menu

A very good address in France for vintage archtops is Jerome Casanova located into Gallerie Verot-Didat, near Le Louvre in Paris. That’s probably the best you can find in France.