Likes Likes:  0

User Info Menu

Does anyone know of a case that will fit the M75? A LP case will NOT fit because of the larger lower bout. I have a gig bag and would like to locate a hardshell case for this. I have heard from a less than reliable source(at least in music situations) that a case for an Epiphone Alleykat or a Wildkat will fit the M75, M77 and M72.

Any help would be appreciated since no guitar center near me seems to have either of these cases in stock to test.

'Mike

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mike,

There are quite a few cases that might work. Can you post the:

Lower bout width.

Body depth at the rim.

Estimated body depth at the bridge.

Total length (whole guit').

User Info Menu

Also, check the "solid body" size here by calling Blackrider. They have expensive and cheap cases for the Duo Jet.

Blackrider Vintage Guitar | Cases
    Last edited by PTChristopher; 02-23-2012 at 09:23 PM.

User Info Menu

It looks like 13 1/4" or so at the lower bout, about 3 3/8" deep at the bridge(might be a bit under that but that is a safe number) and about 41" long. I measured the height by laying in on the floor to simulate it being flat in a case.

Thanks for your help.

'Mike

User Info Menu

Well that sounds about right for a Gretsch Jet case.

I have no idea who might have a Jet in stock around here, but maybe Blackrider can give you some dimensions on then phone. It sounds like the right size.

Would a Reunion Blues Continental do? It will fit and I have one that is unused and is languishing unsold on Craigs.

User Info Menu

I have never heard of a Reunion Blues Continental...let me check.

Thanks so much for the help bro.

'Mike

User Info Menu

I know this thread is 7 years old, but wondering if anyone had a conclusion to the case question. I have a DeArmond M75T and when I bought it, it was housed in an Apiphone hardshell case. I'd prefer to find a real DeArmond case or Guild case if possible. After looking at the Guild website, they have cases for the Guild Aristocrat. Would it be possible that the Aristocrat case may work?

User Info Menu

the dearmond m-75/77 series was always a tough guitar case fit..those epi wildkat cases were the best alternative at the time...the m-75/77's have a slightly wider lower bout and the Digsby trem requires a slightly taller case..so an lp case won't fit

hard to find an original dearmond case...they weren't that plentiful back in the day & they haven't been around for over 15 years...guild aristocrat case may have sufficient lower bout width, but might be too shallow for dearmonds digsby..check specs carefully

luck..let us know if you find something

cheers

User Info Menu

Thanks. I suppose I can ask Guild customer service for the depth of the Aristocrat case. Otherwise, the Epiphone case works fine.