The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 164

User Info Menu

And its a lefty. 2002. Too good a deal to walk away from. I have butterflies in my stomach.
    And the wife really took it well. I mean, in my head she did. I have it all worked out you see......
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Super Eagle-namnl-246st-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyfm
    And its a lefty. 2002. Too good a deal to walk away from. I have butterflies in my stomach.
    And the wife really took it well. I mean, in my head she did. I have it all worked out you see......
    She's a beauty Ted! Mega congrats, and welcome to the Heritage family! Wait 'til you hear her and realize how she's as easy to play as a 17"!

User Info Menu

Top of the line Heritage my good man. Top of the line. I'd have butterflies too if I had one of these fellas coming.

User Info Menu

Teddy,

NICE! That looks like a great HSE. You may know that I watched for years until I "bit" on a Super Eagle. I couldn't be happier. IMO, the SE just has everything going on. The sound, playability, the beauty. I don't really know another guitar that you can acquire that offers this much quality for the outlay. It all comes together in the Super Eagle.

Enjoy it when it arrives. If you've played one you will already realize that you needn't worry about the size. You will simply never realize that there is an 18" guitar under your arm. The folks at Heritage really dialed it in.

Congratulations!

PS: some people may give you gas about the pickguard on a SE, i.e., some people don't like them. I'll tell you what, though. The pickguard will never give you any gas. Never undervalue that feature. A finished, wood pickguard isn't going to out-gas all over the place inside your case, causing corruption of the gold plating on the pickups, tuners, and tailpiece. That's why your 2002 guitar looks as new as it does.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your comments all.
    @Greentone. Thats good to hear. Is it right that the pickguard wood is from the same woodbatch as the body of the guitar?

I am having a small drink to celebrate right now. I am giggling like a little girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Super Eagle-back-jpg 
    Last edited by Teddyfm; 04-09-2015 at 05:00 PM.

User Info Menu

It's not true that the pick guard is is from the same batch of wood. Heritage has quite a few pick guards pre cut from a variety of differently figured maple. When the body is being built . . and after the maple back and sides are sanded to the final stage, they will take the guitar over to the rack where all of the pre cut pick guards are. They'll then pick out as close a match to the back and the rims as possible,.

Your SE is beautiful. It's color, as noted on the label inside of the F hole is OSB . . Old Style Burst. The pickups are the older Schallers. I'm seeing a small white dot on the tip of the pickup selector switch. If it is indeed a dot and not a reflection of light, then the pickups are a design collaboration of Schaller and Rendall Wall, of Heritage Guitar. If what I'm seeing is not a dot, but a reflection . . then the pickups are the Schaller Golden '50s. IMO, a wonderful warm and articulate pickups.

User Info Menu

I think its a dot actually. Not 100% sure. Either way I am thinking it will be perfect.
    Rapperswil is a nice little town. My wife was born not far from there.

User Info Menu

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Only have poly finished guitars at home. Guess I will have to be a bit more proactive soon.
    Do you have any links of you playing Ingeneri? Would love to hear some.

Look at the time. Sure does fly when you have fun. Thanks gentlemen for your positive vibes. This one is going to bed. Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Ted
    Last edited by Teddyfm; 04-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Ted,

The duo recordings on my soundscape page were recorded with my Super Eagle. The brighter sounding tracks are using a DRRI, while the darker ones were through a Jazzkat Twinkat.

User Info Menu

Ingeneri,

Your Super Eagle sounds great--through either amp. The combo and your playing is fine, too. Thanks for sharing.

GT

PS: the "brighter" sound of the SE through the DRRI is quite pleasing. It seems to me that many players in the last 20 years have gone to an exaggeratedly dark sound. Perhaps this is the Pat Martino influence. I like Martino, of course. His tone, however, is just about the darkest out there.

User Info Menu

Congrats man! I'd love to get a Super some day. That dark burst is beautiful! I have a Golden Eagle in a lighter shade.Heritage Super Eagle-image-jpg

User Info Menu

Found some good reads while Im waiting. Might be interesting. Nice photos from the Heritage factory.

Heritage Guitar Inc. still crafting world-class instruments in Kalamazoo after 30 years | MLive.com

Gibson, Kalamazoo and a guitar heritage | MLive.com

An article 2b posted some time ago. Very enlightning.

Builder Profile: Heritage Guitar

User Info Menu

Brain hurts.
    Fixed it for you:
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Super Eagle-namnl-246st-jpg 

User Info Menu

When you get really serious about Super Eagles...

Heritage Super Eagle-thresupereagles001_zps87740f5f-jpg

User Info Menu

So, let's see the double humbucker model on the left is the father, and the pure acoustic model in the middle is the mother....and the child of the two, sporting one humbucker is the baby?

(Referring to post #24 with the family photo shot)
    Last edited by goldenwave77; 04-17-2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Add x-reference

User Info Menu

What what?
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Super Eagle-image-jpg 

User Info Menu

Its home. Sorry for the bad photos. Want to play this bird, not take photos.

Came with 12 Thomastik´s flats. They sound always a bit papery in the beginning. Guitar is super comfy. I am 5´10". Definitely not too big. Anyway, back to playing.

Cheers
    Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Super Eagle-img_0639-jpg Heritage Super Eagle-img_0640-jpg 

User Info Menu

So, did a closer inspection. Fret cracks. Dont know whats going on with the binding/wood on the first pic.
    Guess its been stored to dry. Should I worry? I bit irritated as the seller assured me that the bindings had no cracks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Super Eagle-weird-jpg Heritage Super Eagle-cracks-jpg 

User Info Menu

Those slight fret cracks wouldn't bother me in the least. I doubt I even would have noticed them; however, there are a few guys on this forum who I think would be troubled by such imperfections.

User Info Menu

Decided not to worry about the cracks. Going to get the humidty levels up and then have a local luthier check it out. It plays beautiful. No booming. Clear crisp tones across the board. And again, comfortable.

User Info Menu

Thans for taking a load of my mind guys. Neck is dead straight. Intonation is perfect. Bridge is according to the shop at "4.5/64 treble to 5/64 bass". Will probably lower it.

And the Old style sunburst is so pretty. The settings suns last rays on the body was short of breathtaking. Like, I dont know, art.

User Info Menu

I am so lucky to live in such a humid state where it is virtually impossible to have a dry house. haha.

That may be changing though. A move to LV, NV may be imminent so... I may be leaning on some of you guys for humidifying tips!

Enjoy that great looking super. I bet it sounds great. Don't see too many lefties and glad you were able to find one at a good price. They are incredible guitars.

User Info Menu

Heritage does great finishes. That IS a great sunburst.

User Info Menu

I'd not be the least bit concerned about those lacquer cracks on the side of the fretboard. Seems every archtop I've owned has them...in fact, I expect them.

Your photos suggest why Heritage's OSB shading is my favorite. Beautiful SE there Ted! You scored big time. Enjoy!