Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

I like to keep in mind the DiPinto Philadelphian

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Hell, I even see people calling semi hollows archtops...just wrong!
    Gibson calls a Les Paul an archtop, but what do they know about the history of guitar?

User Info Menu

Obviously nothing. Who plays jazz on a Les Paul?

User Info Menu

rhetorical ?

User Info Menu

I thought these two Washburns (J600K & J3TSK) look interesting. I've never played one and am not in the market right now, but they are $700 or under so I thought I'd bring them up...

Amazon.com: Washburn Jazz Series J600K Jazz Guitar, Vintage Matte: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: Washburn Jazz Series J3TSK Electric Guitar: Musical Instruments

User Info Menu

I know I'll regret this, but I'm pulling the trigger and getting an Eastman 503 and selling my customized 403 for $700. I know I'll loose a lot of money that I invested in it, but I have to strike while the iron is hot. Prices are going up soon.

Cheers,
    Arnie...

User Info Menu

I know I always mention Hagstrom but noone else seem to and I was truly stunned by the quality of the Hagstrom Viking (semi-hollow) I tried some time ago. They also make hollow bodies (the Jazz series) which I believe go for slightly more than $700. I would definately wanna check out those!!

https://www.google.com/#q=hagstrom+j...w=1525&bih=754
    Last edited by aniss1001; 04-02-2012 at 07:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Eastman 371.

Great guitar ... I just bought one with the split inlays. It's not a copy of the Gibson, but rather just one of Eastman's normally great hand carved archtops, with f holes and a pickup. I like it better than the Gibson, because it makes a much better acoustic, in my opinion, with a very real vintage sound. Just the one pickup (instead of the two for Gibson), but $7-800, instead of over $3k.

I put some Diadario flatwound strings on it and through the pickup it sounds like a very nice jazz guitar. I find it a hard to put down instrument.

Turtle
    Last edited by Turtlejimmy; 04-02-2012 at 10:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arnie65
    I know I'll regret this, but I'm pulling the trigger and getting an Eastman 503 and selling my customized 403 for $700. I know I'll loose a lot of money that I invested in it, but I have to strike while the iron is hot. Prices are going up soon.
    Hey Arnie, do you know any more info about the Eastman price change? Is it on the 371, 403, and 503?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by martinopass
    Hey Arnie, do you know any more info about the Eastman price change? Is it on the 371, 403, and 503?

All I've heard from a friend who's friends with a dealer, is that the 371,403, and 503 have been selling pass the expectations of Eastman. That always leads to one thing, price hike $$

Cheers,
    Arnie...

User Info Menu

Gretsch G100CE under $800.