Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    yeah nice comeback, einstein

see you in two years,
    when your posting broken peterson amp in our for sale forum

cheers
    I don't really know why you are acting like that.

I understand that you tried to help, I understand that you gave your best based on your knowledge,
    thank you neatomic.

I wish that I can fix it in the meantime and share the knowledge

thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've sent the video to my electrical engineer who seems able to fix anything. Hopefully he will have a suggestion.

User Info Menu

Hi everyone,
    I was able to repair the Peterson P100G amplifier yesterday.

As I spent so many hours on this amp and circuit, I did a thread explaining the common problems and failures and also tips on how to service this amp. This can be helpful in the future for other people while they are servicing Peterson amps, specially because there is not much info around and it's also not an easy amplifier to service.

I posted the Servicing Tips in another forum, a technical one, here is the thread:

Solved - Repairing Peterson P100G Guitar Amp - Preamp Noise

Thank you so much Kawa and Jim Bastian for all your help

Peterson guitar amp-kkx8rfy-jpg

User Info Menu

So glad you got it fixed! These rate as top shelf jazz amps!

User Info Menu

Hi there,

After coming across a listing for the Peterson Bass Master P150, I started looking for information about these amps, which frankly I'd never heard of before. I found Mr Bastion's website and the pages about the Peterson's and got quite excited that I'd accidentally stumbled on to something a bit special. I live in Dubai, where the market for used amps is pretty small at the best of times, and for something like like these Peterson Bass Masters, well I suspect this maybe one of only a handful in the whole Middle East.

Now this old girl has some issues, the low input is dead as a door-nail (could be broken solder, could be any number of breaks), and the gain pot is a shambles (I'm hoping its just the pot) but that aside the tone on her is all buttery purring magic. That ElectroVoice speaker is a real treat.

In the worst case scenario, I'll have to bust out the soldering iron and screwdriver myself - but I'd much rather take her to a professional amp tech for a service, and look at the input and gain problems, but given the relative scarcity of these combos, I'd be grateful if anyone had a schematic for the P150/P200 that I could take along with the old girl to give the tech a head start?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Peterson guitar amp-img_0661-jpg

User Info Menu

Just wanted to keep this thread alive. Just found a 120 that is on the way!! Should be able to use it on my Peterson web page. My p100g that i got from howard alden is still doing great after a decade of service.

User Info Menu

A little late, but here is a zip file of the Peterson P100G schematics.
    The power amp on page 5 is interesting. It is pure class B with no bias to help the crossover between the two power FETs.

I seem to remember that it was possible to hear the crossover distortion fizz on the tail end of a note.
    Attached Files Attached Files

User Info Menu

Hello Jim.

I thought I had several html pages I downloaded a few years ago on the Peterson guitar amp - I have a Peterson 100 which I bought from Adrian Ingram, a well known jazz guitarist from Leeds). The pages evidently came from a site called 'Jazz Guitar Hardball'.

The Peterson links don't work anymore but I'm wondering if this site is actually yours, because your name appears in several of the files in the folders I downloaded! I am a bit confused as your question implies you don't know where the guy Tullet (sp?) lives, but there's an address, phone number etc in those pages. The company in question (at least in 2010) is Neutronics in Essex, London-ish. I seem to remember having the circuit diagrams but I can't see them anymore. Maybe you had them and my html files linked to them...damn.

I have had small things go wrong a couple of times but nobody found it difficult to fix and the sound certainly is still as rich and lovely as it ever was. I did have the reverb made permanent though - it originally worked with a footswitch - and changed the speaker to a more portable Eminence Blue.

Jeff.

User Info Menu

Hi, I too have a P100G that I bought a fw years ago, but sadly the previous owner had replaced the EV speaker with something cheap and nasty ! I see you comment about replacing yours with an Eminence Blue. How have you found it - tone-wise? What was the model number of the Eminence Blue, (if you have that info) !

Thanks for any help,

Kind Regards

Les Morton

User Info Menu

Hi Les - sorry for the delay. I haven't worked out how to use this forum yet. There doesn't seem to be an alert to responses to posts that I can see.

To answer your question, all that there is to see is the blue paper backing to a speaker, called Eminence, Made in the USA, but with an address in Wakefield England. There is an old fashioned phone number 0924 279297. I guess you'd have to put a 1 before the 9 in the dialling code, assuming they are 1) still in existence and 2) are even in the same place! But, they used to be well known enough.

The sound is great and I think the replacement was done by an experienced jazz guitarist who would know his onions, soundwise.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Allso Eminence Version mounted ME10-1008 Which without Ev plate on the front grill.

I like Eminence Version.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-28-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: correction

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hi everyone.

I don’t know many things about guitar amps as I’m a keyboard player but I knew Pete Tulett very well growing up. Unfortunately he had a stroke and passed away many years ago. His workers tried to claim that the amps were theirs and he had to take them to court. Obviously he won, he had the blueprints and his wife who I also got to know very well was so angry because she saw him putting them together in their kitchen and shed. They used to live in the village Stow Bridge in Norfolk, England. The house has since been sold. He introduced me to jazz and actually named the amps after Oscar Peterson as well as his name.