The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

On sale right now for $99. Seems like a heck of a deal if you make use of it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I agree that $99 for a year of "All Access" to Truefire is a great bargain. I've been subscribed for a few years now. I really hesitated to sign up at first because I didn't know how regular I'd be about using it. As it turns out, I am pretty sporadic about it but I've come to the conclusion that $99 is the equivalent of two or three 30 minute lessons with a good teacher. Based on that comparison I'm coming out way ahead because, even if I'm not on there every week, I'm getting waaay more time in than 90 minutes a year. In addition to that, and probably more importantly, there is so much variety available on Truefire that I can indulge my inner dilettante and work on any aspect of nearly any style that strikes my fancy on a particular day. Anyway - like Bach5G says - it's a heck of a deal.

User Info Menu

OK. Just signed up to Truefire and would like suggestions for where to start. Any suggestions for an intermediate level player - jazz and blues.

Looking closer, I see there are a number of "learning paths". I'll start there, but if anyone has suggestions....

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Frank Vignola and Tim Lerch are forum favorites.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Frank Vignola and Tim Lerch are forum favorites.
    I would add Sheryl Bailey to this list.

There is also a thread in the Improvisation forum of this site that has a fair bit of discussion on the topic: TrueFire Course Recommendations?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John Owen
    I would add Sheryl Bailey to this list.

There is also a thread in the Improvisation forum of this site that has a fair bit of discussion on the topic: TrueFire Course Recommendations?
    Yes, Sheryl Bailey, I went to her Jazz Workshop years ago, she's fantastic player and teacher.

Tim Miller would be my choice, because I love his playing.
    Tim Miller's Creative Arpeggio Design - Guitar Lessons - TrueFire

User Info Menu

After being a member I have a recommendation of buying just one course. See if you get thru it. Try a Sheryl Bailey one, she has some great refreshing ideas

User Info Menu

Last year I signed up for All-Access for the first time. I bought in on Cinco de Mayo for $55. Helluva deal. I wish I knew NOW whether that same deal will be offered this year. If so, great, that's when I'll re-up. If not, I'll have to pick another time.