The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am looking for 1 to 1 lessons, since I would like to raise up my jazz skills ( i come from metal)

JazzGuitarLessons.net

Anybody know this guy Matt? Any experience with it?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

For jazz lessons, www.jazzguitar.be is hard to beat. Tons of material, well organized lessons, everything you might need. Right here.

User Info Menu

He'll cover the basics, no problem, but with so many 1 on 1 options on line, you first need to decide EXACTLY what particular style or even sub-style you're interested in. If you, say, wanna be a Bop based shredder, then pick a teacher who can do that. Otherwise, you may learn to comp and do chord melody (excellent things to learn BTW) for years without learning what you thought you would learn.

This kind of disappointment with a Jazz teacher is extremely common, so ask lots of questions and ask to hear examples of any prospective teacher's playing. Then of course you may encounter another common problem where the Teacher can play what you'd like to play, but is not effective in communicating a way of helping you learn - in other words, his teaching style is not a good fit for your needs. It's not unheard of for some players to go through a dozen or more different teachers in search of the right fit!

User Info Menu

Isn't Matt a member of this forum?

User Info Menu

He seems like a good player and like he has a pretty well structured teaching system so I would say yes, he'd probably be a good person to take private lessons with.