The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

If you don't have a subscription yet, this this your chance. The offer lasts 25 hours, so be quick.
    I'm not sponsored by Truefire, but I just love what they do. It's good and it works.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    If you don't have a subscription yet, this this your chance. The offer lasts 25 hours, so be quick.
    I'm not sponsored by Truefire, but I just love what they do. It's good and it works.
    I saw that offer. (I'm a TrueFire customer.)
    Does All Access mean what I think it does---that I can check out all the courses FOR A YEAR at no charge?
    If so, does that include functions such as looping, changing speeds, and printing?

If so, I'm gonna have to give it a go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Does All Access mean what I think it does---that I can check out all the courses FOR A YEAR at no charge?
    If so, does that include functions such as looping, changing speeds, and printing?
    Yep, all access. I bought it today - I already had an annual sub that I got for $99, this got added to the end of that. $55 is the lowest price I have ever seen. It’s remarkable considering all you get.

User Info Menu

Can you also download any associated .pdf documents and backing tracks?

Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

Looks like it.

All Access - How it works

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    Can you also download any associated .pdf documents and backing tracks?

Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maxsmith
    Thanks for this information. I am sure there are those who it will help.

I guess in my case, I have enough material to keep me busy for a looonng time. I got a few courses of Truefire during the holidays when they had 10.00 downloads.

Man, there products just keep getting better! I have been using their information combined with some of the courses and free content from this site (JGO Online). I am still discovering lots of helpful information.

By they way, Truefire has been adding more and more single song studies. There are some great songs besides Jazz on that site. I recently downloaded "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" and "There's Only One Way to Rock." The lessons are great, tabbed out and demonstrated for those times when I want to plug in the old Marshall and just feel the harmonics all around me (and aggravate my tinnitus, too).

I keep a watch on the songs that they add. One day, they may have one that I can't find in any book. Some groups get no love in the Play-along industry (such as Loverboy, Great White and others). Thanks again.

There's one small catch: I took a subscription two years ago for 149 USD and my renewal fee stayed at 149. With this offer, when you renew, it will renew for the standard price. Fair enough I think.

About downloading vs all access. If you want to download an entire course (not just a pdf) you'll have to buy the course, but you will also be able to use that course for the rest of your life. If your access to internet is limited, this is the smartest thing to do.

User Info Menu

I would consider the offer if I didn't have so many unfinished TrueFire courses already, not to mention so many unfinished music books.

User Info Menu

I decided to save an extra $55 on top by giving up before I paid for it.

User Info Menu

I bought it.
    What the hell?
    I was on the verge of buying one course for $30, now I get it and everything else (for year) for less than twice that.

It's not forever. That's okay by me.
    For one thing, I'm inclined to check out things (-courses, teachers, approaches) I would not have otherwise.

Maybe knowing it's temporary will inspire me to make better use of it. ;o)

User Info Menu

joeontheguitar, thanks for posting this info. I have a bunch of Truefire courses that I have purchased over the years, but never went for the full access program. I am not sure that I need it at this point, but for $55 it is worth checking it out for a year.

When I signed up this morning, there were only 2 hours remaining on the deal.

Having just dumped Windows and switched over to Linux entirely on my laptop, I was pleased to find that truefire's application runs in the Linux environment, and does so quite well.

Tony

User Info Menu

Just as an FYI, I jump around between courses on Truefire, for better or for worse. But, I get tidbits of info from each one that has helped me progress.

For example, I am working on JGO's Intro to Jazz Blues course in the section on using 3rds and 7ths to comp, and then adding other notes. Fareed Haque of Truefire has great instruction on using this technique as does Tim Lerch. So I can combine all this practice together and Truefire gives me more .pdf etudes to use. Very effective IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    Just as an FYI, I jump around between courses on Truefire, for better or for worse. But, I get tidbits of info from each one that has helped me progress.

For example, I am working on JGO's Intro to Jazz Blues course in the section on using 3rds and 7ths to comp, and then adding other notes. Fareed Haque of Truefire has great instruction on using this technique as does Tim Lerch. So I can combine all this practice together and Truefire gives me more .pdf etudes to use. Very effective IMHO.
    Same here. Learned a lot from this jumping around. Also which teachers I really like. I really like Fareed Haque's jazz comping survival course. That made me able to play in a jazz combo and play any song they bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I bought it.
    What the hell?
    I was on the verge of buying one course for $30, now I get it and everything else (for year) for less than twice that.

It's not forever. That's okay by me.
    For one thing, I'm inclined to check out things (-courses, teachers, approaches) I would not have otherwise.

Maybe knowing it's temporary will inspire me to make better use of it. ;o)
    It's an exciting thought that you can try out many many courses any time you like, isn't it? It did and does inspire me.

User Info Menu

If this TF deal is still around it's a total winner for me. I'm already All Access and re-up every December during the Xmas deal. I am not a straight ahead jazz guy but like many of the ones mentioned here. My favorite instructors there include Robin Ford, Vignola, Mim Fox but mostly Blues pros like Robin. I attempt to glean something form all, whether it's applied theory, a work out or cool little blues lick. It's amazing how one little hammer or pull off adds so much to the 1,4,5.
    If you didn't know it's possible to join for 30 days or so All Access or close enough to check it out for free. I usually look up what I want to know like Dom. 7th voicings and see what pops up as for as instructors and how they approach the woodshed. Of course, it could have been modes or whatever and it would be the same thing. Check out the list of instructors