The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I picked up a used copy of a Frank Vignola book Jammin the Blues, which comes with a CD. I like the book and that it has a CD. Any other recommendations for Jazz guitar instruction/ chord melody books that come with CD?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That book came in 3 volumes. He also did a very similar series also in 3 volumes on Rhythm Changes, as well as a book on jazz blues comping -all with cd's. I believe they're all available at Mel Bay

User Info Menu

Practically all TrueFire lessons have playalong. Also it is not mandatory to get the playalong from the same author. Aebersold has 100+ jazz CDS and Hal Leonard also 100+.

User Info Menu

Berklee Press books now come with a link to a website, from which you can download the tracks.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

great stuff Frank..quick download...had me jammin in minutes..nice variety of tempos..

Quote Originally Posted by voxsss
    great stuff Frank..quick download...had me jammin in minutes..nice variety of tempos..
    I agree, and nice to have slow and fast versions.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I believe one can download the courses on this website and burn them to a CD.

User Info Menu

I am heading in the opposite direction – seeking out the oldest guitar books in the Auckland City Libraries stack. On the top of my music book pile is Joe Diorio's Fusion: tonal and avant garde music combined in melodic guitar solos – published in 1979 by Dale Zdenek Publications of Westlake Village, California.