User Info Menu

Hi guys,

First of all thanks to those of you who gave me a bit of feedback and taking the time to reply when I DMd you on your experiences with Conti products but I thought I might make a new thread being as a lot of the info that I've been looking at from folk on this forum was originally posted in about 2015.

I really like the Robert Conti stuff and have pretty much most his courses except for the Precision one and his Chord Melody arrangements.

I was just looking for a bit of feedback from people on how they used the products and on reflection (the ticket to improv study groups tend to be from about 5 years ago) what you found you got out of them and how you went forward after.

I'm light years behind a lot of the players here with regards to my jazz guitar so was hoping I could selfishly use your experiences and knowledge as a roadmap.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'd not heard of Robert Conti. Do you have his Ticket to Improv Vol 1? Would you recommend it?

I've got Ticket to Improv Vol 1 and 4.

Autumn Leaves - Robert Conti's Ticket to Improv Vol. I

There was a quite active study group on here a few years back.

I really like his stuff for getting you playing rather than talking about playing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neonshaker
    I've got Ticket to Improv Vol 1 and 4.

Autumn Leaves - Robert Conti's Ticket to Improv Vol. I

There was a quite active study group on here a few years back.

I really like his stuff for getting you playing rather than talking about playing.
    Be sure to check out Mr. Beaumont's (aka Jeff Matz) post #104 in the Vol #1 thread. This is a great example of taking a stock Conti phrase and jazzing it up. At my skill level, I was just happy to get these phrases as written under my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    At my skill level, I was just happy to get these phrases as written under my fingers.
    Totally agreed. I don't find them technically tough but with his lines I finally have some of the "jazz language" under my fingers. I need to work through the Jazz Lines course but find both that and The Formula less "user friendly" in terms of they aren't necessarily a jigsaw puzzle you put together like the Chord Melody Assembly Line which I suppose is to be expected being as they are more about you making it up yourself.