The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 66 of 66
    Lesson 39 of the "Learning Guitar" series is now on youtube. It's a bit of a milestone as it is a about recap exercises for what we did learn in the first 38 lessons. Enjoy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Pentatonic Studies Part 1 is the subject of the Lesson 40 of the "Learning Guitar" series. It's now on my youtube channel...enjoy

User Info Menu

I just started going through the lessons. It so well laid out. I have been playing guitar for 40 years but am now really delving into theory and jazz. I have so many books and videos but this website has been the best resource. I have never been really good at improvising but by studying scales, chord tones and especially arpeggios and the CAGED system it is coming together for me. Thanks Francesco for putting this together and sharing. Just with going through the first three so far I have learned a lot and have benefited from the exercises.
    Last edited by Benson-GB10; 03-01-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson-GB10
    I just started going through the lessons. It so well laid out. I have been playing guitar for 40 years but am now really delving into theory and jazz. I have so many books and videos but this website has been the best resource. I have never been really good at improvising but by studying scales, chord tones and especially arpeggios and the CAGED system it is coming together for me. Thanks Francesco for putting this together and sharing. Just with going through the first three so far I have learned a lot and have benefited from the exercises.
    Just saw your comment so forgive me for the late reply....and more importantly thank you for both the comment and the very nice words. I am glad you are finding useful what I am putting together. By now I am at lesson 41 so you have a lot to look forward to.
    If you have any question feel free to leave a comment either here or the youtube channel.
    Enjoy playing. F

Lesson 41 of the "Learning Guitar" series is now on my Lessons Archives youtube channel. This time the discussion is focused on minor pentatonic shapes. Enjoy, I hope you will find it useful and if you can support the project

Time for Lesson 42. With this lesson we continue our Pentatonic Studies and we discuss Dominant 7th pentatonic shapes

Lesson 43 of the "Learning Guitar" series is now on my youtube channel. In it we discuss the pentatonic scales we can play over a major chord (and why). Enjoy

Lesson 44 of the "Learning guitar" series is now on youtube. In it we learn how we can use 5 different minor pentatonic scales over a minor chord. Enjoy

Lesson 45 of the "Learning guitar" series is now on youtube. In it we learn how we can use 7 different minor pentatonic scales over a dominant 7th chord. Enjoy

Lesson 46 of the "Learning guitar" series is now on youtube. In it we look at some practical application of minor pentatonic scales....enjoy

Lesson 47 of the "learning guitar" series is now on youtube. In it we discuss pentatonic minor scales and their relation with the Blues

in case you missed it

L064 of the "Learning Guitar" series is now on my youtube channel dedicated to lessons. Melodic Minor shape of C- is the topic plus instructions on how to use the related backing track. Enjoy

User Info Menu

Such an inspiring and well structured program! Thank you, even as an intermediate player it is a great journey to review and correct my knowledge and technique so far.

Thank you AlexOT for the comment. I am happy that you are finding the material useful

Lesson 70 of the "Learning guitar" series is now online...Dorian b2 is the topic. enjoy