The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you never heard of Don Mock, then you're in for a real treat! Years ago I bought a VHS, yeah that's how long ago it was. Anyways, it was Don Mock Jazz Guitar Rhythm Chops, great video btw and it's on Youtube. The VHS came with a tiny ass booklet, about six inches tall and three inches wide, bfd!! At any rate Don being the great guy and player that he is has now made it pdf regular size, so the video link starts at around 30:00 to match up with the free pdf, great rhythm lessons here!! I wasn't sure where to put it but here it is, free!

Don Mock Guitar 2: “Jazz Rhythm Chops” DVD Booklet PDF

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

some very nice changes on basic jazz blues...it does move a bit fast..so you may have to view it several times to catch the changes...

Mock helped Howard Roberts with his series of books..so you know he is hanging with the studio gods of the day...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen

Mock helped Howard Roberts with his series of books..so you know he is hanging with the studio gods of the day...
    Absolutely, the lessons on the below link are beyond challenging! I've learned Lesson 13 as I believe it's the easiest one to master but that's as far as I've gotten, I'll leave the rest with you pros!

http://www.donmockguitar.com/pdf/Jaz...hythmChops.pdf

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link, fathand! Don and Howard Roberts came to San Francisco in 1982 to promote GIT. A few months later, I quit my job, moved to Hollywood, and enrolled. Great player, great teacher, great guy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Thanks for the link, fathand! Don and Howard Roberts came to San Francisco in 1982 to promote GIT. A few months later, I quit my job, moved to Hollywood, and enrolled. Great player, great teacher, great guy.
    Wow, that's great! Sounds like you've had some great instruction!