Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Leavitt introduces the key of G Major. It will be followed by F Major, A Minor and E Minor.

I will try to keep a pace of one key per week.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Key of G Major :

Rhythm Accompaniment 1 :

Rhythm Accompaniment 2 :

Rhythm Accompaniment 3 :

User Info Menu

Pg 31 sixteenth notes exercise

User Info Menu

Page 32 - Duet in G, plus another attempt at St. Thomas with timing still off.

Leavitt Volume 1 - Jazz Song 1 - St Thomas - At 160 by Jazzstdnt | Free Listening on SoundCloud

User Info Menu

Here is my shot on Duet in G. I have started to realize that I am just playing the pieces and not really taking in what they are trying to teach. So I have started to slow down. Studying the piece a bit more plus slowing down on the bpm. I am trying to count along with the piece as well. Tapping foot is ok but sometimes I will get lost in the count. So I am mouthing the count. Trying to add another part of the body into the mix so I know where I am in the measure.

Duet in G : Guitar 1

Duet in G : Guitar 2

Duet in G

User Info Menu

Yeah, I struggle with time, and also struggle with playing legato. I redid page 32 Duet in G to address those shortcomings. I did a little bit better (maybe).

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Jazzstdnt;979645]Yeah, I struggle with time, and also struggle with playing legato. I redid page 32 Duet in G to address those shortcomings. I did a little bit better (maybe)./QUOTE]

Both sound good to me. I know what it is like to be on the "not liking what I play" side. You know where the mistakes are and they are just blaring sounds of ugliness when you listen to them.

Picking Etude No 2:

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed this piece. Something about it just really clicked with me.

Another Duet in G Guitar 1:

Another Duet in G Guitar 2:

Another Duet in G:

User Info Menu

Here's page 34, just a quick read through of both parts. I'm going to move on and focus more on page 33.

User Info Menu

Trying to get caught up with you guys.

Key of G Major (First Position) -

Rhythm Accompaniment - Ex. 1, 2, & 3 -

G Major - Sixteenth Notes -

Duet in G - Gt. 1

Duet in G - Gt. 2

Duet in G - Duet
    Last edited by D3MONC; Today at 04:05 PM.