Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Thread for the week starting on Aug 5th 2019.
    This is the first thread adopting the new naming conventions: I found that the thread title is limited to a certain number of characters and I had to slightly modify the original intended format.

Also, please, note that the last piece of last week was the duet "One, Two, Three, Four".

Leavitt introduces four notes chords, played in various inversions and additional ledger lines, to represent notes that are too low or too high to appear on the staff.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Leavitt Volume 1 - Page 13 by Jazzstdnt | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Leavitt Volume 1 - Page 14 by Jazzstdnt | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I need to work on playing those chords in more legato fashion, on page 13. Too chopped. There will be further opportunities though!
    Last edited by Jazzstdnt; 08-05-2019 at 10:58 PM.

User Info Menu

I put my rhythm accompaniment on the previous weeks thread. My mistake.

Exercise 9 pg 12 :

User Info Menu

Exercise 10 pg 13 :

User Info Menu

I haven't done the duet from last week yet but, here is my Rhythm Accompaniment.

Rhythm Accompaniment

User Info Menu

Imitation Duet Guitar 1 :

Imitation Duet Guitar 2 :

Imitation Duet :

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Here are 9 and 10 from me! I included the metronome in the recording of 9 this time. Let me know if I should keep doing that or not. I could also add drums instead of just a click? I'm almost caught up. I've also enjoyed checking out everyone's submissions .

Ex. 9

Ex. 10

User Info Menu

@D3MONC I can tell you are getting more confident in your reading skills. My weak point is applying my reading skills to notes in 2nd position and higher. Once I get out of 1st position I am lost. Great job and keep it up!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by georgebanketas View Post
    @D3MONC I can tell you are getting more confident in your reading skills. My weak point is applying my reading skills to notes in 2nd position and higher. Once I get out of 1st position I am lost. Great job and keep it up!!!
    Thanks for noticing! I've definitely been getting better with the reading. It's funny because I'm sure if I tabbed this in guitar pro I'd have no issues lol. I might go back at some point and redo the earlier exercises at a faster tempo. I really like your use of Hybrid picking. I kind of want to try to incorporate that myself. Does Book 1 take us out of 1st position? I know Book 2 does but, either way I'm sure I'll struggle there!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D3MONC View Post
    Thanks for noticing! I've definitely been getting better with the reading. It's funny because I'm sure if I tabbed this in guitar pro I'd have no issues lol. I might go back at some point and redo the earlier exercises at a faster tempo. I really like your use of Hybrid picking. I kind of want to try to incorporate that myself. Does Book 1 take us out of 1st position? I know Book 2 does but, either way I'm sure I'll struggle there!
    We go into 2nd position on page 60 of book 1. Gonna be fun!! It took me a while to get used to hybrid picking. I mainly use hybrid with chords or if there is a huge string jump using a pick. But if I am just picking single notes and the string jumps are to the next string then I am ok.

User Info Menu

Wrapping up my submissions for this week! I'm moving on to the next week and feeling pretty good.

Imitation Duet - Guitar 1

Imitation Duet - Guitar 2

Imitation Duet (duet)

User Info Menu

I'm falling behind, but here are my exercices 9, 10 and Imitation duet. Not without mistakes and pretty slow tempo:

MMFG Vol 1 - Excercise 10 by Jhu | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    MMFG Vol 1 - Imitation Duet by Jhu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jhui View Post
    I'm falling behind, but here are my exercices 9, 10 and Imitation duet. Not without mistakes and pretty slow tempo:

MMFG Vol 1 - Excercise 10 by Jhu | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    MMFG Vol 1 - Imitation Duet by Jhu | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    Nice job, nice recording, and guitar sounds great!