Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

OK, thanks all for working on the first week material.

The original study group, advanced at a relatively slow pace: your feedback about the speed at which we should move is more than welcome.

I have the Kindle version of the book and it does not have page numbers... I might start using exercise numbers and titles to reference the material in the future: with these pages, I believe we are going to cover the "Sea to Sea" duet (a lot of fun, already).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sea to Sea was page 6, but whatever works is fine.

Any chance that you could open a few sections in advance each week please? For example, 8-11, 12-15, 16-19. Something like that. Some studies are more difficult than others and need a little more soak time, even if on lower numbered pages.

Thanks again for starting the thread!

User Info Menu

Thanks atarchin for setting up this group and weekly threads! I'm still away from my guitar this week, but i will start to work on book next week.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Exercise 5 - pg 8:

Exercise 6 - pg 8:

Exercise 7 - pg 9:

User Info Menu

Exercise 8 pg 9 :

User Info Menu

One, Two, Three, Four pg 10 - Guitar 1 :

One, Two, Three, Four pg 10 - Guitar 2 :

Rhythm Accompaniment pg 11 :

User Info Menu

Nice going George! In the page 11 "Rhythm Accompaniment", that C chord with the E in the bass and G on top really bugs my left hand coming off the F.

Leavitt really challenges the guitarist with chord work, from the start of Volume 1 through the end of Volume 3.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt View Post
    Nice going George! In the page 11 "Rhythm Accompaniment", that C chord with the E in the bass and G on top really bugs my left hand coming off the F.

Leavitt really challenges the guitarist with chord work, from the start of Volume 1 through the end of Volume 3.
    @Jazzstdnt,

Thank you! It took a while for me to get the hang of that F to C transition. I am still working on it. Speaking of the C with the E in the bass, would it be correct to say that is the 1st inversion or 2nd inversion of C? For the G7 would that be 2nd or 3rd inversion? I am trying to understand inversions. Just wondering. Thank you in advance!

George

User Info Menu

Hey George - Yes, the C is in first inversion (3rd in bass) and the G7 is in second inversion (5th in the bass).

Only the F chord is in root position.

User Info Menu

Mailing this one in...

User Info Menu

@Jazzstdnt,
    Sounds great! I will take that mail in.

George

User Info Menu

I'm catching up! Here are 5, 6, 7, and 8. Should I add a metronome or drum kit for backing to these?

Exercise 5

Exercise 6

Exercise 7

Exercise 8

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Finally wrapped up last week. Here are Guitar 1, Guitar 2, and both guitars for the duet @ 90 BPM. All mistakes included .

One, Two, Three, Four - Guitar 1

One, Two, Three, Four - Guitar 2

One, Two, Three, Four - Duet

User Info Menu

And here is my One Two Three Four (duet) @ 70 BPM: