The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 155

User Info Menu

I put my rhythm accompaniment on the previous weeks thread. My mistake.

Exercise 9 pg 12 :

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Exercise 10 pg 13 :

User Info Menu

Imitation Duet Guitar 1 :

Imitation Duet Guitar 2 :

Imitation Duet :

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Very nice playing from everybody, Here is my first clip (Sea to Sea - duet) @ 70 BPM and not without mistakes:

I am also a bit late to start, but I'll try to catch up. I do play all the excercises, but I think I won't record & post everything here.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The original had us doing Pages 15 through 19 this week. So we're splitting this into 2 weeks? Are we going to be doubling the timeline from the original? I believe the original was around 6 months so this will take 1 year at this pace.
    Last edited by D3MONC; 08-10-2019 at 07:08 PM.

User Info Menu

If the pace were to be roughly 4 pages per week it would take 31 weeks, or about 8 months. But depending on how much experience and practice time one has, a year is not out of bounds.

Playing through the book at home for yourself is one thing, but playing it well enough to record and upload it to the internet is a different thing. For the sake of balance - the lessons should neither be perfected or slighted, per Leavitt.

At any rate, as long as there are two sections available for posting each week there should be no problem.

IMO.

User Info Menu

And here is my One Two Three Four (duet) @ 70 BPM:

User Info Menu

Hey guys, where it has the Crescendo / Decrescendo part. Is that just Guitar 2 or both guitars?

User Info Menu

I would say both, at least so far...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D3MONC
    Hey guys, where it has the Crescendo / Decrescendo part. Is that just Guitar 2 or both guitars?
    That is a good question D3MONC. I read it as both parts are affected. I could be wrong.

User Info Menu

Sharps and Flats Exercise pg 15 :

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by georgebanketas
    Sharps and Flats Exercise pg 15 :
    Are you using a Tweaker 15 Watt? I had one of those for a while. Cool little amp! It's very versatile.

User Info Menu

Are you using a Tweaker 15 Watt? I had one of those for a while. Cool little amp! It's very versatile.
    I am using a Tweaker 15 Watt. I like it. Plus it was a gift and I gladly use gifts

User Info Menu

Here We Go Again Guitar Part 1 :

Here We Go Again Guitar Part 2 :

Here We Go Again Duet :

Thread for the week starting on Aug 26th 2019.

We are all proceeding at different speeds and that is perfectly fine.

Two questions for all of you:
    - how are you reviewing past lessons: Leavitt says that "Review of all material is a must"
    - is anyone practicing in fingerstyle? and how? Thumb for E, A and D, index for G, middle for B and ring for E?

Thread for the week starting on Sep 2nd 2019.

Thread for the week starting on Sep 9th 2019.

User Info Menu

To be honest I have played through the book twice, in past years. It's still challenging to come back and play some of it though, Leavitt really works you out.

Regarding constant review, yes I always went back and played the recently completed pages, and sometimes would just play through the entire first half of the book, and on other days play through the entire second half of the book. But usually I would just review the recently completed pages. FWIW.

User Info Menu

I basically do the same thing as @Jazzstdnt. I pick a day each week and just go back through all of the exercises and stuff from the beginning to where we are now. I typically try to speed up my metronome so I can see if I've improved and I make it through the exercises faster. I'm sure that'll get more difficult as we get further in the book. At that point there will just be too much to try to do over again.

User Info Menu

Thought I'd change it up and play my charvel on this one.
    That is a nice guitar! Great playing on the exercises for this week. Hopefully I will get my exercises in this week. I start grad school on Monday. It has been 5 years since my undergrad days. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. So now I have to set aside time for studying this and that. Hahaha. Gonna be an awesome ride!!

George

User Info Menu

Same here. My review day(s) are usually the weekend. I start at pg 1 and go through all the exercises up to where I am at right now. When more stuff gets added it will be tougher. Hopefully to make the review process a bit easier, I plan on marking the exercises that I had trouble with. Then review the material in the exercise that I had trouble with. Did I have a problem with triads? I will go through and cover all the triads material, etc... Not sure if that will be a good decision. It is about to get a bit more hectic in my life and if I can focus my practice then that will help me out immensely!

User Info Menu

Rhythm Accompaniment Bass Notes and Chords :

User Info Menu

MMFG Vol 1 Eighth Notes - Counting and Picking Ex 1