The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone, I'm new to jazz, and have been having fun with some of the lessons posted on this site (Misty, How Insensitive, Autumn Leaves) etc.

I was looking for some fairly accurate tabs to Wes Montgomery's take on How Insensitive and perhaps Here's That Rainy Day, whether online or in a book somewhere.

I do have the Jobim book that includes How Insensitive, but I'm looking for something a bit less rhythmic and more pensive. The Jazz Guitar Online lesson is actually great, but of course only covers a portion of the song.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

While I'm here, are there any Johnny Smith tab books that any of you might recommend?

Thanks!
    Last edited by One_Note; 04-30-2019 at 09:10 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

First obvious port of call is Amazon, you'll find there a number of books with transcriptions, with and without tab (not all of them have tab).

Another great resource is TRANSCRIPTION BOOKS. Lots of Pat Martino transcriptions, but some Wes Montgomery , Kenny Burrell and George Benson too, amongst others. However, not tab, just standard music notation. But the transcriptions are very accurate.

Thank you both for the tips!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Django in a Box, which works in tandem with Band in a Box, has transcriptions for a number of Wes songs along with other classic artists. I have found it to be very helpful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Django in a Box, which works in tandem with Band in a Box, has transcriptions for a number of Wes songs along with other classic artists. I have found it to be very helpful.
    Great resource indeed, thanks for pointer!

User Info Menu

ill endorse django in a box...WES...dont forget to check out Grant Green in a box too....my type of playing... just play the Masters..