The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 50 of 50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone
    If I could catch that kid I'd hit him with my cane.
    Don't get excited, Alan, you know how you get.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think Christian's my age, but he has a young child, so he feels 100 every morning, most likely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMalmis
    Thanks for being nice.
    Honestly I am not sure you and Christian are serious or not but well I do not think that many persons over 100 years are using computers and writing and forums. I am not sure though.
    we’re just messing about. I’m about 60. Christian looks like a teenager to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I think Christian's my age, but he has a young child, so he feels 100 every morning, most likely.
    Yeah I think that is true.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe2758
    Don't get excited, Alan, you know how you get.

Now I've been chastised twice by whipper-snappers. Maybe this intranets thingy ain't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    we’re just messing about. I’m about 60. Christian looks like a teenager to me.
    Yeah I thought so.

Now I've been chastised twice by whipper-snappers. Maybe this intranets thingy ain't for me.
    Whipper snapper.... you have crossed the line... Am I really ”a young and inexperienced person considered to be presumptuous or overconfident.”

User Info Menu

Whipper snapper.... you have crossed the line... Am I really ”a young and inexperienced person considered to be presumptuous or overconfident.”
    Alex: I've been joking this whole thread. I wouldn't hit anyone with a cane and whipper-snapper is an old cliche reference to something an old person (me) might say to a younger person. Sarcasm is tough to read on the internet.

To your original post, check out some JJ Johnson on trombone. I believe he pre-planned his solos.
    I hope your liking of jazz grows and you discover the wonderful breadth of emotions it offers.

Alex: I've been joking this whole thread. I wouldn't hit anyone with a cane and whipper-snapper is an old cliche reference to something an old person (me) might say to a younger person. Sarcasm is tough to read on the internet.

To your original post, check out some JJ Johnson on trombone. I believe he pre-planned his solos.
    I hope your liking of jazz grows and you discover the wonderful breadth of emotions it offers.
    I understod that you was kidding when you Said you was gonna hit me with a Cane and that stuff.
    Sure I Will check out JJ Johnson.

User Info Menu

I'm too soon old and too late schmart.

User Info Menu

I wonder if everyone here is old.. it is maybe a weird question. I am only 13 years old but it feels like everyone else here is like 50 or something. That is good though because in that case you can have alot of experience.
    We're not just old, we're zombies. Archaeologists study us because we are evidence of lost civilizations. I sleep in a coffin every night.

User Info Menu

If you sleep in a coffin at night, you're doing it wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    If you sleep in a coffin at night, you're doing it wrong.
    Damn. I thought something wasn’t right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I'm 60 and happy to see a 13-year-old here.

Do you think I should start a youtube channel and post videos so that I can ser myself improve over time? I have only played guitar 40 days so I am not the best obvoiusly.

User Info Menu

Do you think I should start a youtube channel and post videos so that I can ser myself improve over time? I have only played guitar 40 days so I am not the best obvoiusly.
    The last estimate I read for the number of guitar players in the world was about 50 million. That is less than one percent of the world population, so you are already in the top 1% of the whole world!

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    The last estimate I read for the number of guitar players in the world was about 50 million. That is less than one percent of the world population, so you are already in the top 1% of the whole world!
    Cool.

User Info Menu

I wonder if everyone here is old.. it is maybe a weird question. I am only 13 years old but it feels like everyone else here is like 50 or something. That is good though because in that case you can have alot of experience.
    This forum poll was from 5 years ago, so we're all that much older, in general we're a pretty ancient demographic. Hopefully you're tapping some useful wisdom, said no kid ever.

Poll: Age of forum members

The book the advancing guitarist came to the library today. Gonna check it out after school. The other book has not arriverat yet the one called the jazz theory boom. I think I am gonna lend a real book so that I can train notes and stuff.

I reserved the real book.

User Info Menu

Definitely. I think recording yourself is an excellent way to chart progress and look for things to work on. And nobody has to see it, unless you want them to.

I treat YouTube like a video diary, really...and it helps me keep track of what songs I'm learning, too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    This forum poll was from 5 years ago, so we're all that much older, in general we're a pretty ancient demographic. Hopefully you're tapping some useful wisdom, said no kid ever.

Poll: Age of forum members

I'm only 3 year older than I was 5 years ago.

John

I made a youtube channel. My first video is just a meme. Alexander Malmberg
    - YouTube

User Info Menu

I made a youtube channel. My first video is just a meme. Alexander Malmberg
    - YouTube
    Hey, you got "the lick" down, now you just need a few hundred more

yup... I played it kinda bad tho. Havent tried it that much tho just learned it quick.