I actually think becoming a jazz guitarist has had a profound influence on my blues, rock, and R&B playing.

I find that with rock music, even when the rock guitarist learns the "right" way to play the songs, there is minimal integration of that knowledge with other rock tunes. Part of that is because of the prevalence of riffs that use the open E, A, and D strings, and other characteristic rock sound guitaristic idioms that tend to be viewed as particular to the individual song, and these are considered "played right" when they are invariant from the original. The exploratory aspect is pretty much all about how to get the result to sound right, matching to original.

So apart from composing new rock songs, the way a rock song is played tends to be fairly "closed end". Similarly for the authenticity of R&B tunes, and with blues playing, much of the same above applies, but to a lessor degree with blues where more freedom is expected - one develops one's own blues voice on the instrument and that is part of the blues style. There is still not much integration across songs.

One of the most striking things about learning jazz is that most of what one learns when working on a song are things that apply to numerous songs (progression harmony changes, really), and every new song learned is a new space within which to test the integration of things learned from other songs, especially the testing of emergent and creative new syntheses (lines, chords, changes, passing chords, subs, etc.).

Having played jazz for a few decades, this central sense of searching, grasping, testing, integrating, internalizing, and extending elements of a song to other songs has become natural and spilled over into my rock and blues playing. Now I play and perform rock and blues with "jazz ears"; still rock and blues, but what is going on in my mind's ear is quite different from before... I guess the simplest way to describe it is that the "musical things" (rhythm, melody, harmony) that comprise rock and blues are now integrated much more like with jazz playing... my grasp has shifted more to a jazz perspective.

Of course, development of jazz technique (attention to form, fingering, and especially picking) has had an amazing effect on my direct playing, whatever the style.