The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34
    Hey Mike! I found the Mickey Baker method because of this thread! I am on the third lesson, committed to following all the instructions, in order. Being a student still pretty new to jazz and unable to get a regular teacher, this looks like a very promising start. I understand your site me be discontinuing, and respect what you have done and your prerogative to do with it what you want, but I hope someone will be able to continue to provide access to your material!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Has any one tested with wayback machine?
    Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
    I managed to get to a snapshot of the site from earlier this year. Looks like everything is there.
    Last edited by wildschwein; 08-11-2017 at 10:41 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi Mike,

September, it's getting colder here and the sun sets earlier. Soon it's time for Autumn leaves.
    So more time to study and it's getting harder to keep that patience under control

Any news on the new website?

Hi Tivoli,

I want to thank you for the continued interest in the Mickey Baker system. Since my last post, Mr. Bill McCahey has been working diligently for an updated relaunch. Bill is finding that it's quite a bit of work with the completely new facelift. Until that time that Version 2.0 is ready to go, I wish to announce that the relaunch of the Advanced Guitar Study Group is now up and ready to go:

www.jazzandhotguitar.com

For the returning students, the site is identical to the original and with a couple of bugs worked out. I really appreciate the continuing interest from you and the many others that have asked for the continuation of this study. Also, I really appreciate the hard work that Bill has put into this resurrection and continues to put into the version 2.0 facelift.

Don't forget that it's all about having fun studying the guitar!

Best regards,
    Mike

User Info Menu

Mike,

That is wonderful news!
    Thank's so much for all the work you and Bill McCahey put into this.
    Your website is such a great source and companion for the Mickey Baker book.

Best regards, Tivoli

User Info Menu

YES !

I'm verry happy
    to see your website continuing !

Many thanks of a french student

User Info Menu

Hi Mike,

I wrote this to express my most sincere appreciation to your work! By accident, I accessed your website, and it inspired me a lot. Mickey's book is a great lesson for jazz beginners, but there are few explanations in the book. Mickey just tells us what to practice but without the reason. Your website just fills this blank space. I learned lots of theory on it. Although I'm still at lesson 12, I hope I could finish this book.

Fei

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Joyce
    Hi Tivoli,

I want to thank you for the continued interest in the Mickey Baker system. Since my last post, Mr. Bill McCahey has been working diligently for an updated relaunch. Bill is finding that it's quite a bit of work with the completely new facelift. Until that time that Version 2.0 is ready to go, I wish to announce that the relaunch of the Advanced Guitar Study Group is now up and ready to go:

www.jazzandhotguitar.com

For the returning students, the site is identical to the original and with a couple of bugs worked out. I really appreciate the continuing interest from you and the many others that have asked for the continuation of this study. Also, I really appreciate the hard work that Bill has put into this resurrection and continues to put into the version 2.0 facelift.

Don't forget that it's all about having fun studying the guitar!

Best regards,
    Mike
    Thank you Mike. I bought this book last week then just found your website! What a GREAT site!! Cannot wait until I get started working through the Lessons and using your site as a resource!!

User Info Menu

hi Mike,

I add my congratulations and thank you for the great work, making available such good material.

Is it maybe possible to download all the lessons in one single zip file? It would be very convenient.

In case you are interested: I can offer to convert and make available all the lessons in GuitarPro format, in case you want to add them to your downloads.