Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Wait a minute i could've just used the open Ab string lol. I'm stupid

Hehe I was just about to ask why you didn't use the open Ab string then I saw the next post.

That's actually one of the pieces I was thinking of. Haven't played it in eons; maybe I'll give it a go in M3. Kudos for the way you handled the fingering. For a lot of pedal tone rock things I've found the lack of open A insurmountable in a lot of cases, hence the fretlocks.

Thanks dude! Its a great piece, I should get to learn it sometime in this tuning too. Something I notice as well while working on this piece in M3 tuning are how the chord progression work here. Like.. I already know what the chords are just by looking at them.. including inversions! There is no second guessing. Obviously I had to work on the instrument for a while for that to happen but it didn't take so long.

I never had that luxury in standard tuning, even though I knew it somewhat well it just didn't kick in like that immediately compared to M3 Tuning. Call me crazy but I think the layout of the M3 fretboard makes even more sense than a piano!
    Last edited by jazznylon; 11-08-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed