The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

The Melodic Rhythms is excellent and I've read here that is a great supplement with MMI. I concur. Mixes things up alot.

I'm attaching a sample from the first study from Leavitt's Melodic Rhythms along with another sample of a similar book for you to take a look at. If you want some more samples from them PM me.

The other sample is from Treble Clef Rhythms Complete by Bugs Bower.

Take care and talk at you later. Keep on keepin on you all.

leavitt sample.JPG - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

bugs sample.JPG - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Will, thanks for sharing that. I have the melodic rhythms book, just somehow it never grabbed me, and I was interested to know what you made of it. Maybe I should have another stab at it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ten left thumbs
    Hi Will, thanks for sharing that. I have the melodic rhythms book, just somehow it never grabbed me, and I was interested to know what you made of it. Maybe I should have another stab at it.
    It's doing two important things for me. Helping me to read better and see rhythms more as a group or cluster rather than individual notes and as we progress in MMI I'm going to need all the help I can get.

User Info Menu

Self critique: Just the flabs man, like I mentioned earlier I have mixed feelings about posting recordings with flabs in them with only 10-15mins a day alotted to those exercises. If I would only post when I have a nice take it would even take longer before I could be posting new material.

Etude nr2

p21 - Rests-tiednotes-dottednotes-EXERCISE_100bpm

https://soundcloud.com/giant-laser/a...d-for-guitar-6
    Last edited by Langs; 02-17-2014 at 03:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Been listening to a couple of the other recordings as well and I really envy the more smooth touch a lot of people are having when picking.

That said, I also found myself making excuses unconsciously to make audio recordings instead of video's. I'm just really shy of making video's. So here's soundcloud for Etude nr1

Last edited by Langs; 02-17-2014 at 03:19 PM.

User Info Menu

A couple more
    Attached Files Attached Files