The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Was a friend of Hank Aaron. Smoked a joint with Jimi Hendrix. Managed a World Series in 2022 with the tarnished Houston Astros.

That is an interesting man.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Owns a winery. Baker Family Wines.

BFW

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Owns a winery. Baker Family Wines.

BFW
    I'm surprised he doesn't own a toothpick factory

User Info Menu

I always confuse him with Dusty Rhodes the pro wrestler. Or Dusty Rhodes the former Giants outfielder.

And then there's Dusty Hill (RIP) and Dusty Springfield (RIP).

Lot's of great moments made by people named Dusty.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I always confuse him with Dusty Rhodes the pro wrestler. Or Dusty Rhodes the former Giants outfielder.

And then there's Dusty Hill (RIP) and Dusty Springfield (RIP).

Lot's of great moments made by people named Dusty.
    Apparently, he and I look alike. I’ve been approached on several occasions by fans requesting autographs.

AKA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Apparently, he and I look alike. I’ve been approached on several occasions by fans requesting autographs.

AKA
    Who? Dusty Baker? Or Dusty Rhodes? Or Dusty Hill?

User Info Menu

Had a dog named Dusty. I still miss him.

User Info Menu

Now that I think about it I must have seen Dusty Baker play for the Braves many times in the 60’s/70’s. Living in north GA, my dad was a HUGE Braves fan. We went down there at least once a year, maybe twice.

The biggest thrill was getting to see Hank Aaron belt one out of the park. That happened a couple of times. We were down there in June or July 1974 when he was up for breaking Ruth’s record. We did not see the actual record-breaker though.

I remember Dusty as well. For some reason—my memory playing tricks on me—I was thinking he played there in the 80’s, but of course not true. I lived in Atlanta in the 80’s and went to probably dozens of games a year while there. Cheap seats were $2.50. You could bring any beverage in as long as it wasn’t in a glass container. We brought a backpack full of beer. Sometimes after the first few innings—stadium wasn’t full in those days—we’d go sit right behind Ted Turner.

Fun times. I miss baseball when the games were short, the seats were cheap, and the socks and mustaches were long.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Who? Dusty Baker? Or Dusty Rhodes? Or Dusty Hill?
    Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Dusty Baker.
    Can I have your autograph?

User Info Menu

Can I have your toothpick?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone
    Can I have your autograph?
    I’d just parked at my golf club when I noticed a father approaching me with his wide-eyed son in tow. I knew the look. The kid said “Mr. Baker, can I have your autograph?” I was about to explain that I was not Dusty Baker when I noticed the pleading look in the father’s eyes. So, I signed his baseball cap, told him to always do his best, listen to his parents, and do great things in his life. End of that story. On another occasion I was approached by a lady in a restaurant as I entered with a couple of buddies. She walked right up, stood in front of me with an expectant look, and said “Well, aren’t you even going to say hello? After an awkward pause, I said “Hello”. She huffed and puffed for a moment, then whirled and left.

Years ago I was given preferred seating and my wife and I were comped a meal at a nice restaurant in San Diego. I was told, “Don’t worry sir, we’ll run interference if needed.

Not being a big baseball fan, I took a look at Dusty photos, but didn’t see a strong resemblance. Oh well, I guess I’m good as long as no ever puts a hit out on him.

AKA

Maybe someone can rotate the photo for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dusty Baker-bc021bd0-076b-4bea-9191-a313ef14bbcf-jpg 
    Last edited by AKA; 06-09-2023 at 07:17 PM.

AKA.

I never realised that could be so uncomfortable.

Good music man.

A

Dusty Baker-screenshot-2023-06-09-7-33-22-pm-png
    Last edited by A. Kingstone; 06-09-2023 at 07:34 PM.

User Info Menu

I agree, you don't look much like Dusty Baker. But then, some people...

It might be nice to look like someone famous and get comped a meal, but that's never happened to me. I think I just look like a generic old fart. At least my wife thinks I'm handsome, but of course she's biased, and has to justify her choice.

User Info Menu

Get a pair of Dusty Baker's Nike shoes to accompany the toothpick and maybe...

User Info Menu

I met Dusty Baker a few years back. He was a partner in a real estate deal and came to our office for a meeting about some aspects of the architectural design. We never ended up with anything more than that meeting but he was great in the meeting. He was very interested and down to earth. Btw, he took over the Astros after the cheating scandal stuff.

User Info Menu

A lot of Giants fans were frustrated over what happened in the WS 20 years ago and with how Dusty left, but a lot of us also still had a soft spot for him since he was with the org as a player, coach, manager and special adviser.

User Info Menu

So you're user name means "also known as"....Dusty Baker?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Glin66
    A lot of Giants fans were frustrated over what happened in the WS 20 years ago and with how Dusty left, but a lot of us also still had a soft spot for him since he was with the org as a player, coach, manager and special adviser.
    Dusty Baker is a traitor! 19 years with the Dodgers and then he goes to work for the S.F. Giants.

Oh, how can a Dodger fan forgive someone like that! Just joking since Baker was a solid player for the Dodgers and since the Dodgers wouldn't give him the type of non-player job, he was clearly ready for, Baker had to do what was best for him and he clearly proved he was ready for prime-time.