The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Newly discovered live recording featuring Eric Dolphy. I'm looking forward to this...

John Coltrane recordings lost in New York Public Library will finally be heard | John Coltrane | The Guardian

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I read that article this morning. I'm not an Eric Dolphy fan, but I am a fan of Coltrane when he gets more out there...the one song in the preview sounded cool. Either way I'm excited.

User Info Menu

Excited for this

User Info Menu

Very cool.

Being a completist, this is a gotta have.

User Info Menu

OP, Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and preordered.

User Info Menu

'Impressions' on soprano. Judging from this it would appear this release doesn't suffer from having the drums too loud, which was the case with the A Love Supreme from Seattle album...

User Info Menu

I’m so excited about this! I keep hoping for another recording of Inchworm. I tracked down a bootleg with Dolphy on bass clarinet and it was way less energetic than other examples of their live work together. (I can no longer find the bootleg on YouTube or I’d provide a link.)

User Info Menu

That sounds interesting!

Looking forward to it. Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Today, I finally went and picked up a copy of Evenings At The Village Gate. I'm only on the second track but this is awesome... I am pleased to say after the disappointing (for reasons to do with the overloud drums, I hasten to add) A Love Supreme in Seattle...

Might give some of the boxed set Coltrane European Tour 1961 a spin later (which I just searched for on amazon - seems it's no longer available and going for a silly price. Glad I bought it when I did)...