The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I saw this old episode today with Roy Clark as 'cousin Roy' throughout the episode. He played an ES-175 and he was just smokin'. What a picker ! He was also perfect as 'cousin Roy'.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Don't tease everyone, at least post the clip
    Around 9 minute mark....ps keep in mind it's dubbed

User Info Menu

Roy was a phenomenal guitar player.His album with Joe Pass is one of the oddest pairings but for me is one of my favorite albums of all time.

User Info Menu

I knew he was phenomenal guitarist, I had no idea he played the fiddle! And I used to watch Hee-Haw all the time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I knew he was phenomenal guitarist, I had no idea he played the fiddle! And I used to watch Hee-Haw all the time!
    Roy was one of those guys who could basically play anything that had strings on it.
    For a little extra fun the Super 400 in these pics was his 1935.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz
    Roy was a phenomenal guitar player.His album with Joe Pass is one of the oddest pairings but for me is one of my favorite albums of all time.
    All Hank Williams songs too. Great stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Don't tease everyone, at least post the clip
    Around 9 minute mark....ps keep in mind it's dubbed
    Thanks for posting that. I hadn't thought of it, but I should know by now that pretty much everything is on Youtube.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    All Hank Williams songs too. Great stuff.

This is one of those cases too where the video is almost as wonderful as the audio. I love seeing the interaction of the musicians, who are clearly having a great time even though Joe was already suffering badly from the cancer that would very shortly take his life.

User Info Menu

Another of Roy's TV appearances