The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Hello everyone I'm not sure where to put this on the forum but here goes anyways. I'm looking to get a mic that I can use in a band setting because I love spending time with my 10 string classical and would like to amplify it loud enough without possible feedback noise. Thing is I'm not sure where to look since I don't have much experience with mics in general (I only have an amp jazz chorus-120 if anything). So yeah, any pointers?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Talk to the nice folks over at Soundpure

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzjourney4Eva
    Talk to the nice folks over at Soundpure
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

In-ear monitor perhaps?

User Info Menu

Microphone or pick up?...there are advantages and disadvantages.
    It is a challenge to amplify classical guitar well in a band.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Microphone or pick up?...there are advantages and disadvantages.
    It is a challenge to amplify classical guitar well in a band.
    Oh boy I think you're right. I just recently looked into different sources about feedback. Some say that pick ups produce less feedback while one says (a classical guitarist) says that pick ups are more prone to feedback. And theres also the fact that one needs to drill a hole for pickups.. but then again there are pickups that don't need to drill a hole but apparantedly come at a cost of less volume. So yeah it seems that classical guitar is doomed to just be a solo instrument and nothing more.

User Info Menu

Maybe I should just get a 10 string electric. Not a fan of fan fret guitars but I can probably get used to it if I practice it long enough

User Info Menu

Here is a minimal invasive solution that has worked well for me:

CLING ON PICKUP | ULTRA QUICK MAGNETIC ATTACHMENT

You'll need to experiment with pickup placement before you fix the magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve
    Here is a minimal invasive solution that has worked well for me:

CLING ON PICKUP | ULTRA QUICK MAGNETIC ATTACHMENT

You'll need to experiment with pickup placement before you fix the magnet.
    Interesting. I shall give this a go! If it doesn't work out I can return it anyways. Thanks for the recommendation!

User Info Menu

You’re welcome.Just don’t expect it to give a classical classical sound, if you know what I mean.

I have used it in ensembles, somebody even recorded it, but I never got a copy.

One more thing: if you don’t have a strap on your guitar, fixing the input jack may be a bit of a hassle.I used a wireless transmitter and put it in my pocket.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve
    You’re welcome.Just don’t expect it to give a classical classical sound, if you know what I mean.

I have used it in ensembles, somebody even recorded it, but I never got a copy.

One more thing: if you don’t have a strap on your guitar, fixing the input jack may be a bit of a hassle.I used a wireless transmitter and put it in my pocket.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Thanks for letting me know. I will take anything at this point so if my classical will sound different so be it. Do you know where I can get ahold of a wireless transmitter?

User Info Menu

The iRig Acoustic Stage has worked very well for me. Although it is not exactly a microphone and it colors the sound, the result has been very satisfactory for me in small bands. It also has a feedback canceller.