The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone know who is playing an archtop in Gordon Ford's band in season 5 of Mrs Maisel? He looks familiar but I can't place him.

-Charley

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I haven't started watching season 5 yet, but is this the guitarist, Jim Hershman?
    Archtop player on Mrs Maisel season 5?-14-jim-hershman-jpg

User Info Menu

It does look like him. But the camera doesn't stay on him long.

-Charley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    I haven't started watching season 5 yet, but is this the guitarist, Jim Hershman?
    Jim Hershman's name is in the credits of the show as a member of The Gordon Ford Band. So pretty sure that is correct!

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (TV Series 2017–2023) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    Archtop player on Mrs Maisel season 5?-14-jim-hershman-jpg
    That's Jim in Roger Borys' shop. He's a great Broadway musician who is a Borys fanatic. I think he's got all three of them.

User Info Menu

Just finished the series and was wondering the same thing. Looked like an authentic player, not an actor… vanishing breed, figured it had to be someone from the NY area. Such a great show, the period detail is refreshing.

User Info Menu

I know Jack Wilkins played rhythm guitar on a song for the show a couple years ago. He was not on camera though, but he was on camera in the movie "The Joker".