The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

It was he strangest thread ever posted here and it lasted for around 3 or 4 replies, then disappeared. It was started by James Haze (?), I think.
    I was 99% sure he was trolling, but a couple of peeps thought he was severely paranoid. So what happened? Why did it disappear? Was it moderated?

If he was trolling, then it was genius! Woulda been fun to let it run for a bit ...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think if he was trolling it wouldn't have been deleted. We don't have moderators here, it's safe to assume if a thread is deleted the OP requested it.

User Info Menu

If people complained to Dirk he might have deleted it. I don't think a user can delete a thread that has replies.

User Info Menu

Maybe you're just imagining things...have you had your meds adjusted recently?

Haha, well, if no one remembers seeing it, then it didn't happen, i guess....

User Info Menu

I saw it, and commented. Hope the guy was trolling, the alternative is misery.

User Info Menu

I saw it and had drafted a long response but thought the better of posting as I think he mentioned he has some issues at one point so maybe he was just venting.

User Info Menu

I definitely assumed it was a troll post...his history here has been kind of troll-y.

User Info Menu

The OP's notion was kind of plausible. I wasn't sure about it lol. He said his stock guitars kept being (set up) crappy, which is a common problem. Although he phrased it that the cause was that he was being conspired against lol. What made it kind of implausible was he also said his oppressors wouldn't let him get any good piece of gear otherwise he'd show everyone his skills.

User Info Menu

I remember reading that post and I have been clean and sober for 45 years. Now, I am worried that there is a government conspiracy preventing getting good and playable guitars into the hands of the deserving.

Tony

User Info Menu

I missed the thread, but thank God someone finally said it! I’ve been suffering under the same government conspiracy keeping my playing mediocre ever since I was fourteen. Especially my rhythm. Deep down inside I am a funk machine, but somehow four to the bar becomes a challenge even with a bass player and drums. Communist mind control.

And before any of you suggest a tinfoil hat, you obviously don’t know about the government conspiracy to genetically modify aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    The OP's notion was kind of plausible. I wasn't sure about it lol. He said his stock guitars kept being (set up) crappy, which is a common problem. Although he phrased it that the cause was that he was being conspired against lol. What made it kind of implausible was he also said his oppressors wouldn't let him get any good piece of gear otherwise he'd show everyone his skills.
    I don't see too many off the rack axes that are properly setup and I see lots of axes that are mediocre junk TBH. If he's complaining about guitar store techs, well, everyone with a stew mac account is a luthier these days the way everyone with a few million bucks to blow calls themselves a master brewer, vintner, or distiller. I know how to nail boards together into square boxes you can live in. Someone called me a carpenter I told them they didn't know what they were talking about. If you haven't had a bad guitar tech at some point you probably live in BF Egypt or don't really have urgent guitar problems with gigs on the line. If you wanna ride a motor sickle you better be able to turn your own wrenches or you risk getting a bad mechanic.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    I don't see too many off the rack axes that are properly setup and I see lots of axes that are mediocre junk TBH. If he's complaining about guitar store techs, well, everyone with a stew mac account is a luthier these days the way everyone with a few million bucks to blow calls themselves a master brewer, vintner, or distiller. I know how to nail boards together into square boxes you can live in. Someone called me a carpenter I told them they didn't know what they were talking about. If you haven't had a bad guitar tech at some point you probably live in BF Egypt or don't really have urgent guitar problems with gigs on the line. If you wanna ride a motor sickle you better be able to turn your own wrenches or you risk getting a bad mechanic.....
    Lol, I would think that BF Egypt would have substandard guitar techs, if any at all.

Nothing against BFE, mind you.

User Info Menu

Seems plausible

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    If you wanna ride a motor sickle you better be able to turn your own wrenches or you risk getting a bad mechanic.....
    Well thanks - I now have this in my head for the rest of the morning.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzjourney4Eva
    Lol, I would think that BF Egypt would have substandard guitar techs, if any at all. Nothing against BFE, mind you.
    I won’t do business with them. They’ve been running a pyramid scheme for centuries.

User Info Menu

That's fair... oh, I should just stop now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    I won’t do business with them. They’ve been running a pyramid scheme for centuries.
    ah, it’s just denial

User Info Menu

Just walk away like an Egyptian.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    ah, it’s just denial
    That one really sphinx!