The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi!
    I have a little amp (head) that has a power inlet with two fuses in it.
    Both fuses read "T4AH 250V". I wonder why are there two of them?
    In the manual there is a note: use 2A t fuse. Is it save using the 4A? It does work and the fuse doesnt blow, but I got the amp second hand and maybe the higher rates fuse is not save?
    Anyone can enlighten me? I have no idea about current and stuff.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What country are you in ?

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux
    What country are you in ?
    U-Rop. Germany.

User Info Menu

Try to find the owners’ manual - many are available on line. If you can’t, check with the manufacturer. The commonest reason for use of fuses rated at higher amperage than the manufacturer put there is that the amp blew the correctly rated one. In many cases, the owner didn’t have the correct fuse but did have the higher rated one and used it because it was all he or she had. Using a higher rated fuse is also a workaround if the stock fuse blows repeatedly. Another common workaround is to use a slow blow fuse if standard ones repeatedly blow.

Using the wrong fuse is generally an unsafe practice. It may be that what you have is correct for your local power, or it may be a safe and effective fix for a design fault. But you need to find out what fuse(s) the manufacturer specifies for Germany. and use them. If they blow, find out what’s wrong.