The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

90% of the time, I reach for a Gretsch G5122, largely because it's the lightest guitar I own and I have spinal health issues. I had the pickups replaced, and the bigsby removed, and although it's one of the cheaper Gretsch models, it's comfortable to play and has a great tone. I've owned several much more expensive guitars but this one sounds as good as any of them. I have 8 guitars, but apart from the Gretsch, only 3 of them are played from time to time - they are a Mexican telecaster, a Yamaha nylon electric, and a Breedlove acoustic, which are played when I need a different sound for a recording project.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ibanez af2000 stock
    Just bought it a few weeks ago (thanks Rob)
    still tweaking it a bit
    but loving it
    Plays great , sounds great

User Info Menu

The two that i can currently reach without getting up from the sofa are a Loar 700 and a Fenix LPC copy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Number 1 for me is the L5ces. I didn't wait and long all these years, spend all that money, to leave that guitar hanging on the wall. I play it all the time. Number 2 is the ES175, which is like the moon to the L5 sun. I love both, they both stay set up very consistently, very stable, intonation is perfect, and for a "middling" player like me, every time I get something right, these guitars reward me.

I also passionately love my Gibson ES165 and its duplicate, the Epiphone Zephyr Regent.
    Just curious. Is your 175 still the ‘59 VOS?