The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No kidding - - -my 1990's Gillette Sensor handle has been dropped once too often and now doesn't hold a cartridge. Not sure I have anything else that's lasted that long. So as a laugh / mission, I hit Ebay for whatever possible replacement I could find, and get this - they are now selling unused new-in-box 1990's ' vintage' Gillette handles for $80.00 ( !! ) and then some. And after checking sold prices, yup, they're getting that much.
    One even has the original KMart price tag - - $1.37 !!!

The best part may have been that after the usual internet digging, I even found a shaving forum, with thread topics like : " How long did you shave today ? " , and " What music did you listen to while shaving this morning ? ".... Not sure they had a ' single blade vs laminated -clad - steel ' thread? ......

Who'd'a thought..... : )

(( ' Ok, now back to our usual programming. ' )).... : ) ......

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gillette invented a business model. Give the razor away cheap, or even free, and make your money selling blades. Printer manufacturers have made billions with that business model. Years ago my boss wanted me to buy printer cartridges for the office printer. I found that I could buy the exact model printer for less than the cost of a set of cartridges. Gillette has been doing it for a century or more, though. Check the cost of a razor with cartridges, vs the cost of just a pack of cartridges.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    No kidding - - -my 1990's Gillette Sensor handle has been dropped once too often and now doesn't hold a cartridge. Not sure I have anything else that's lasted that long. So as a laugh / mission, I hit Ebay for whatever possible replacement I could find, and get this - they are now selling unused new-in-box 1990's ' vintage' Gillette handles for $80.00 ( !! ) and then some. And after checking sold prices, yup, they're getting that much.
    One even has the original KMart price tag - - $1.37 !!!

The best part may have been that after the usual internet digging, I even found a shaving forum, with thread topics like : " How long did you shave today ? " , and " What music did you listen to while shaving this morning ? ".... Not sure they had a ' single blade vs laminated -clad - steel ' thread? ......

Who'd'a thought..... : )

(( ' Ok, now back to our usual programming. ' )).... : ) ......
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if much of the chatter in guitar forums seems just as strange to many outside the forums. That is likely true for most any forum and the people outside of it.

Reading the two guitar forums I typically read, I often get the sense that people seem to need to find something, anything, to talk about just to keep things moving along.

Tony