The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi !

Can you tell me what's happening ?

Well, I'll never know why people give advice about things they can't achieve themselves, over all on jazz forums.

Nevermind, Kris wanted me to play a blues, after drinking two coffees, I made this, it's just one take.
    No rehearsal, it came like this.

This is the original !

For those who have no time to listen, this is the fast one (thanks audacity !).

For those who wonder what came first, guitar or voice, this is the slow one.

I can't play the blues, I can't sing, I know nothing about bebop, harmony, articulation, etc.
    I already know it !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

These are my humble thoughts.
    It's not like you don't know anything.
    You play different instruments and you probably listen to recordings of musicians you like.
    So in your head you have the potential collected from earlier practices.
    Here you sing, you play on the form, which means 12-bars blues and makes it not a problem because you can hear the form of the song internally - and you feel it in your own way..Blues is the simplest form in jazz music.
    For improvisation you can use very simple tools...eg one scale backed by the right feeling.
    I am sure that now you are able to develop your musical imagination through appropriate daily exercises.
    The result of your work will be that you will be able to do the same with more difficult tunes in terms of form and harmony.

User Info Menu

Kris, it was humour !
    Yes, you're right, I use a lonely scale on the blues, the chromatic one.
    I do the same on every tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lionelsax
    Kris, it was humour !
    Yes, you're right, I use a lonely scale on the blues, the chromatic one.
    I do the same on every tune.
    Playing with humor - it makes sense.