The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So.Lets say 'they?'crash the world power grid.or maybe just the country i live in.i want to be proactive here. so i sell my electric amp and guitar to be able to purchase an acoustic guitar.What would you recommend in case there are still pay gigs.I would need to stay under a grand.maybe an acoustic electric just in case haha

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If ‘they’ crash the grid, money will be worthless and you won’t have any paid gigs.

If this isn’t a joke, they make drugs to help with anxiety disorders. You don’t have to live your life like this.

your a good man AllenAllen.I am not but i care for and try to assist those that are.I may have stepped out of line My apologizes!!

User Info Menu

Money might be worthless, but it's always possible to barter for something, maybe food, shelter, stone spearheads, shells, cacao beans, whatever. I'm set for that, with a Wu acoustic archtop with a Rhythm Chief floater, which can be removed if necessary, and replaced if 'they' ever get the grid working again. What I may not have is the proficiency necessary to play well enough to get paid in whatever the currency might be. Perhaps I need to practice more.

User Info Menu

Will play for food. Works some of the time, I suppose.

Tony

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    your a good man AllenAllen.I am not but i care for and try to assist those that are.I may have stepped out of line My apologizes!!
    It's all good man. I've had my share of problems and mostly felt like nobody cared. So I like to reach out just in case someone else isn't having the best time.

User Info Menu

The nicest 000/OM sized Martin you can swing. Swiss Army guitars.

User Info Menu

Besides those Martins there is also their relatively new SC13E model. I have a SC13E Special. Really nice and will never need a neck reset. Nice electronics, too. There is a version that retails for a couple of hundred more than a grand. Not your father’s Martin but nothing to sneeze at, IMHO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    So.Lets say 'they?'crash the world power grid.or maybe just the country i live in.i want to be proactive here. so i sell my electric amp and guitar to be able to purchase an acoustic guitar.What would you recommend in case there are still pay gigs.I would need to stay under a grand.maybe an acoustic electric just in case haha
    I'm happy you are thinking about the continuation of culture and the finer things of life even in the absence of electricity. If everything really does collapse, there will still be a need for music, perhaps more of a need for it. A solar powered battery could work with an amp. Or you could use this as an excuse to buy yourself a very nice acoustic archtop guitar like a vintage Gibson L7c or something. Tell you wife "It's for the apocalypse!"

As long as humans are in communities they'll want to make and hear music. I'm with you in thinking about what to do after the S.H.T.F. moment.

My formula is: Guns, Guitars, Groceries, Gold. And cases of whiskey for trading purposes.