User Info Menu

So this is how McLaughlin & Co learned how to get the Friday night gig

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gives me the creeps.
    Delete the thread.

User Info Menu

Amazing!

And it seems Al likes it too. The trio does need someone to pick up where Paco left off...

The Real Friday Night In San Francisco-2023-03-19_18-38-43-png

User Info Menu

I was at the "Friday Night in San Francisco" concert and the one a few years later at Davies Symphony hall where they had Steve Morse open , and join them for the encore . Mind blowing performances

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    I was at the "Friday Night in San Francisco" concert and the one a few years later at Davies Symphony hall where they had Steve Morse open , and join them for the encore . Mind blowing performances
    Hey, I was at that Morse gig at Davies, too! Cool! [Amazing show!]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    Wow, I love Steve Morse, but am wondering how he would fit in with this group. How did it go?

User Info Menu

When I was at GIT in the early 1980s, Steve Morse came to the school one day to do a demo/lecture. He told a story about going to South America with Paco de Lucia. They were traveling with several acoustic guitars, but at the entry port to one country (I can't remember which) the customs people thought they were bringing guitars into the country to sell and wanted them to pay import duties or some such.

Paco and Steve insisted the guitars were not for sale, that they were on tour to do some performances, and the guitars would eventually leave the country with them. The customs agents apparently were very hesitant to believe them. So Paco and Steve each pulled out a guitar, sat down, and played an impromptu number together.

They were quickly admitted.

True story.