The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Does anyone use guitar pro. Is it any good.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I use it in my guitar teacher job. It's great for making tabs for my students.
    Once you get used to using it for writing down songs it's quite simple to use.

Often you can find finished guitar pro files of songs on the web as well, they are almost always full of errors, but it's easy to edit the files and correct things.

I don't use many of its functions though. It does have the option to play back songs with backing tracks and many other such functions, but i only use it for notation.

User Info Menu

Yes.
    It is great!
    It is a very precise editor for guitarists.
    There is a tab function but there is also a standard music notation function. You can turn it off or on.

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Yes.
    It is great!
    It is a very precise editor for guitarists.
    There is a tab function but there is also a standard music notation function. You can turn it off or on.
    How do you turn off the tab and turn on the standard music notation. I am just using the demo right now.

User Info Menu

On the right side of the editor where it says "track" you can select tabs or standard notation on or off.

I don't like using guitar pro for other things than tabs though. There's other programs that's better for standard notation. I like using Sibelius for writing standard notation, but i think Guitar pro makes better looking tabs.

User Info Menu

what verson do you have?

User Info Menu

I am pretty sure that François Leduc uses it for his transcriptions; you can look on YouTube for many examples of output.

Here are some links.

Youtube channel: Francois Leduc - YouTube ; all of this is free to the public. Great stuff!

I think you need to be a Patreon patron to unlock the following; memberships start at just $5 USD/mo.

PDF Library : Just a moment...

GP Files Library : Just a moment...

Request Wall : Just a moment...

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    what verson do you have?
    Version 8 the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine
    I am pretty sure that François Leduc uses it for his transcriptions; you can look on YouTube for many examples of output.

Here are some links.

Youtube channel: Francois Leduc - YouTube ; all of this is free to the public. Great stuff!

I think you need to be a Patreon patron to unlock the following; memberships start at just $5 USD/mo.

PDF Library : Just a moment...

GP Files Library : Just a moment...

Request Wall : Just a moment...

Thanks Starjasmine.