The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39
    Rob - If I'm chopping wood today and find myself singing 'I can't stop jerkin' over you' there's going to be trouble.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hahahaha! Just be careful what wood you are chopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Hahahaha! Just be careful what wood you are chopping!
    You just dig yourself in deeper and deeper.

(For your information I was able to vamoose your catchy ear worm with some JS Bach)

Thanks for sharing Rob.
    Last edited by A. Kingstone; 01-03-2023 at 09:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Bach to the rescue once again!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Lol. Life is strange!

We did a few gigs before giving up. I went into a more Beefheart vein, then took a left turn into classical guitar. But that track is how it all started for me.
    Shouldn't you be making a bundle with transcriptions of those youth works, for classical or plectrum guitar? You could call it Beef Jerky (just taking some inspiration from that intellectual chorus and the subsequent vein)

User Info Menu

No.

User Info Menu

During covid I made some youtube vids using old band recordings & still photos.

Captain Trips was my funk rock band at the U of North Texas ~1990;

Socializing was an original tune of mine that I recorded w/ my pal's band Big Block Dodge around 2002, it was during my fretless guitar & guitar synth phase (the killer middle guitar solo is my pal Bill Altman);

More fusion than jazz, this was one of my tunes on my last original project, Generic Hustle, released 2007 (Itunes, also on Spotify);

Not Rush was a tribute band I did for a few years. We rehearsed more than we gigged. The bassist/singer/keyboardist was blind.

Bull City Honkeytonk Society was my short lived outlaw country band that covid (& a new job for our singer) snuffed out. Music and photos are from one of the ~5 gigs we did (I'm on electric guitar, and I do lead vocals on the last tune, Lodi);

Talk about short lived, I rehearsed all summer w/ this Kings X tribute in 2020 & then we broke up without a gig! Recording was live in a friends basement studio, I think we sounded great.

I've got more, plus some noodling around solo, etc, on my youtube page;
    Brooks Kaplan - YouTube
    Last edited by Brooks; 01-05-2023 at 07:55 PM.

Brooks!

Thanks for sharing.

Check those out.

Listening to 40+ year old Horribilitus Rex - perhaps the path to ones instrument is having others willing to abide listening to ones crap while they work out their own.

I jammed with the same bass player last May. Less horrible now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone
    Listening to 40+ year old Horribilitus Rex - perhaps the path to ones instrument is having others willing to abide listening to ones crap while they work out their own.
    Have you ever been to musicschool auditions (pupil concerts)? Very formative for the fellow pupils at similar levels or even slightly above but not necessarily a pleasure for those who aren't somehow related to the ones playing

Coboconk Ontario - 1983

I tell my buddy on bass that high white sport socks are bound to make a comeback.

Archives-scan-3-mike-jpeg

User Info Menu

I thought they already had!

User Info Menu

Diagonal photographs will be the next comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Diagonal photographs will be the next comeback.
    There may have been drinks involved.