14 33.33%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 66 of 66

User Info Menu

Tdpri

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's the drummer who used to tour with Kayne West, his name is Charles Haynes, one of the most incredible drummers i've ever seen. He used to play in Boston when i was there, funk and jazz gigs, with Roy Hardgrove, Aaron Goldberg, Ruben Rogers, bunch of other guys. Can't get better! I suspect the rest of Kayne West's band is of equal caliber..

User Info Menu

I'm sure Hitler had a good rhythm section too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I heard he's going to have to change his name to Kan'tye.
    Kanye and Ari Emanuel will work out their differences. They haven't exactly paid their dues in California.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Fool doesn’t know that his actions effect his bottom line. Lost a $1.5 Billion contract because of it. Who does that? An idiot that’s who.

User Info Menu

So, there are people that only use JGO, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by softjazz
    So, there are people that only use JGO, just wow.
    I wish I could say I was one of them. Respect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Fool doesn’t know that his actions effect his bottom line. Lost a $1.5 Billion contract because of it. Who does that? An idiot that’s who.
    Sure he does. He wouldn't have made all that money to begin with if he wasn't calculating.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet
    I wish I could say I was one of them. Respect.
    I wish I could block out everything besides music but I can't. It's a matter of survival. I didn't know who Kanye West was a month ago.
    He's the voice of a generation;

I'm more worried about Kari Lake.

User Info Menu

I spend most of my time on youtube, but that doesn't seem like social media.

I see a lot of gigging musician in this area using social media (Facebook and Instagram) to promote their band, gigs, recordings. And they should imo.

Larkin Poe has really grown their following with Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Jacob Collier's career was launched when his YouTube videos went viral.

If you're a pro muscian, why wouldn't you use social media?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I spend most of my time on youtube, but that doesn't seem like social media.

I see a lot of gigging musician in this area using social media (Facebook and Instagram) to promote their band, gigs, recordings. And they should imo.

Larkin Poe has really grown their following with Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Jacob Collier's career was launched when his YouTube videos went viral.

If you're a pro muscian, why wouldn't you use social media?
    Youtube is the real music business now. It's not what's going on in lah lah land. That's just entertainment.

User Info Menu

I totally get you on spending a lot of time on YouTube. It's so addictive! And you're right. Platforms like Facebook and Instagram are great for gigging musicians to promote their bands, gigs, and recordings. Larkin Poe and Jacob Collier are perfect examples of artists who've gained massive followings through social media. It's become a crucial part of the music industry, and YouTube especially has become a hub for music. If you're a pro musician, utilizing social media seems like a no-brainer. By the way, I recently stumbled upon a website where you can get real TikTok likes if you're interested in boosting your TikTok presence.
    Last edited by JackPaul; 05-30-2023 at 12:58 PM.

User Info Menu

It's incredible to see how different each platform is when it comes to building a community or promoting a business. Considering this thread is a year old, I'm curious to know if any of you have shifted your social media focus since the original post? Any new platforms you're excited about?

Quote Originally Posted by silviastar
    It's incredible to see how different each platform is when it comes to building a community or promoting a business. Considering this thread is a year old, I'm curious to know if any of you have shifted your social media focus since the original post? Any new platforms you're excited about?
    Hmm, ok, I'll admit to more time on youtube, reddit and Chat GPT. It means less time on guitar, or even here, so it's somewhat regrettable...

User Info Menu

Facebook for gigs, I have screen limits on my devices so I don't waste all my time online. I'm pretty sure on my deathbed I won't think "I wish I spent more time at a computer."

User Info Menu

It's interesting to think about how our social media habits have evolved over time, especially when we start branching out to multiple platforms. While I love spending time here on JGO, I can't deny the pull of other social spaces like Facebook and Instagram. I've even dabbled a bit in TikTok recently.