The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

..mean, rude, nasty, inconsiderate people in every day life.

Today I was in a left turn lane waiting just properly, and a woman drove around me *on the left other side into oncoming traffic the wrong way* and yelled f*** y** out the window. I followed her to her close destination since we were going the same way, and rolled down the window and asked fairly politely, you could have killed people back there. Her answer was fy.

I was in a food market the other day and a woman barged ahead of me into the express lane with a gigantic load of groceries. When I pointed out to her it was the 7 item quick lane, she yelled at me "hey f***, shit happens."

There's no public civility anymore.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    ..mean, rude, nasty, inconsiderate people in every day life.

Today I was in a left turn lane waiting just properly, and a woman drove around me *on the left other side into oncoming traffic the wrong way* and yelled f*** y** out the window. I followed her to her close destination since we were going the same way, and rolled down the window and asked fairly politely, you could have killed people back there. Her answer was fy.

I was in a food market the other day and a woman barged ahead of me into the express lane with a gigantic load of groceries. When I pointed out to her it was the 7 item quick lane, she yelled at me "hey f***, shit happens."

There's no public civility anymore.
    I can't wait for someone to yell "You play like f****** shit."

I mean, really, tonight my bw (and a great musician) made a wonderful veg meal, eating quietly together and on the same day I have to think about a nasty road episode.

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's ridiculous. The key is to point out that they're the one in the wrong. Which is pretty easy if you stop and think for a second. However, they always try to set up the precedent that they're in the right and entitled to be hostile because you're doing something wrong. Unspoken justifications are things like: that's how adults act, you're doing something out of context, everyone is entitled to pursue their self interest while acting like a psycho etc. This is complete bs. Just stay calm but be firm about pointing out how they're the monkey who is being a bad citizen. Use the truth to your advantage. Good people should have the leverage, not monkeys. If they're being a monkey then call them one.

Story I posted on my other forum copied and pasted:

I troll the stupidity always. Like I've said before, it's usually under the precedent that they're in the right when their behavior is in fact full moronical. I'll give you an example. I was walking Yod in the apt complex. Some foo walks by me and aggressively says something like, there's a dog thing to throw away the poo over there brother. I disregarded him because he seemed agitated. He passes me again on the way from throwing out his trash and says even more aggressively, I'm neighborhood watch, what apartment you in? I determine that he's all mad for some reason and my instinct was right for ignoring him and I should definitely keep ignoring him. Then he yells at me, you don't wanna talk? I'm thinking, no of course I don't want to talk to you, why should I be obligated to, I'm walking my ****in dog peacefully. I said, **** no, you psycho. The last thing he yells is if I do this or that we're gonna get physical. I left it at that and went on my way. Full retard behavior on his part when I did absolutely nothing to him. Yet he was trying to set the precedent that I owed him some sort of standard of behavior.

Keep being a good person.
    Last edited by Jimmy Smith; 10-21-2022 at 11:07 AM.

User Info Menu

When I started hanging around kids sports, my eyes were opened. There was always a kid who had social issues beyond what I consider the norm. Quick to fight, quick to be distracted and not pay attention, quick to want to do their own thing, and quick to say, "What about me?"

What dismayed me was that there seemed to be a lot of them, and through the years, most of them stayed the same, although what used to be a push, because a strong shove or even a punch. And some felt genuine remorse after the fact, some felt none.

So now I reflect on the many problem adults that I have met, and I realized this is where they came from. And if this is true, judging by the latest crop of kids, there are many more on their way as they say, "To a town near you."

User Info Menu

I would not have engaged with the crazy people. You can't walk into a fire and then complain you got burned.

User Info Menu

Though mental illness abounds I think there is widespread immaturity grounded in a false sense of entitlement.

User Info Menu

Hi, W,
    The culture has changed.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Not all, but most kids tend to act and talk like their parents. This tends to repeat through generations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    I would not have engaged with the crazy people. You can't walk into a fire and then complain you got burned.
    Unfortunately, I still have a minimum contact with society.

User Info Menu

There was a bloke in a toga circa AD 30 lamenting the good ol' days of 15 BC.

"Kids back then knew to respect their elders and the always did their philosophy homework without talking back first!"
    - Augustus Complainicus (Probably)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SandChannel
    There was a bloke in a toga circa AD 30 lamenting the good ol' days of 15 BC.

"Kids back then knew to respect their elders and the always did their philosophy homework without talking back first!"
    - Augustus Complainicus (Probably)
    Actually you are entirely correct. That was the poet Horace: “Our sires’ age was worse than our grandsires’. We, their sons, are more worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.”

And then there was Aristotle from 300 years earlier: “[Young people] are high-minded because they have not yet been humbled by life, nor have they experienced the force of circumstances….They think they know everything, and are always quite sure about it.”

Ecclesiastes: “What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.”

But I was referring to rude, inconsiderate *adults,* not kids.

User Info Menu

Those rude, inconsiderate adults were once kids, and probably rude and inconsiderate then as well, as were their parents.

User Info Menu

when being in contact with persons that seem to have a very different reality than I do..

I now ask myself..can I teach this person something by pointing out my opinion of their behavior

or..can I learn how to just observe their behavior and be thankful..its the "..there..but for the grace of god..go I.."

I muse..If I ever told "offending" drivers my take on their road skills..I would be in fist fights every day