numbers indicating the driver has "run this many kilometers at one time"
    silhouettes indicating family members and pets
    fish and anti-fishes

on wrists
    colored bands

on lapels
    pins of flags
    campaign buttons

Apparently people have a pent up eagerness to express themselves that even the ubiquitous social media does not satisfy. In the last week since the queen's passing, I have never seen so much of the royals fully loaded wearing their orders and service medals, ribbons, and garters, all over the news.

My fashion prediction is that the signs, numbers, silhouettes, fishes, wrist bands, pins, flags, and buttons are going to be replaced by wearing medals, ribbons, and garters... fashion show that feature a model wearing them may be soon.

Maybe?

A prediction of coming fashion-medals-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

royals fully loaded wearing their orders and service medals, ribbons, and garters
    i went up today snapped a few pics..A prediction of coming fashion-bb-jpgA prediction of coming fashion-lambeth-bridge2-jpg

User Info Menu

"Many a true word has been said in jest...."

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

music for it...

User Info Menu

Wearing military-style stuff is nothing new.

A prediction of coming fashion-1d1e9acc-8c6b-450b-af84-56157558deae-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln

in yards
    various signs

on cars
    numbers indicating the driver has "run this many kilometers at one time"
    silhouettes indicating family members and pets
    fish and anti-fishes

on wrists
    colored bands

on lapels
    pins of flags
    campaign buttons
    Best poetry I've seen in a while. I'm captivated by the sound and concept or anti-fishes.

User Info Menu

You want to keep those fish and anti-fish apart. Never cross the streams!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    You want to keep those fish and anti-fish apart. Never cross the streams!
    Isn’t the fish the original symbol of the early Christians (used by evangelicals who refuse to use the Roman torture instrument “cross”) and the anti-fish (looking like a “fish prohibited here” traffic sign) the symbol of pronounced atheists?

Anyway in my hometown since yesterday the fashion is this for two weeks in the world’s greatest international attempt to breed new COVID variants:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head
    Isn’t the fish the original symbol of the early Christians (used by evangelicals who refuse to use the Roman torture instrument “cross”) and the anti-fish (looking like a “fish prohibited here” traffic sign) the symbol of pronounced atheists?

Anyway in my hometown since yesterday the fashion is this for two weeks in the world’s greatest international attempt to breed new COVID variants:

Was ist das Problem? Ich sehe kein Problem…

Well I read about the New York fashion week, and I have to say we’re still in trouble. I’m not bothered so much by the fact I can’t tell if the models are men or women—don’t care all that much as long as they shave their legs—but I don’t see any of these fine fashions being offered at the local Target anytime soon. Or worn at the tailgaters for the college game next week.

New York Fashion Week: Highlights from the Spring-Summer 2023 shows - CNN Style

User Info Menu

The anti-fishes are variations intended to irritate those badged with original fish.
    Around here, the evolutionist anti-fishes are popular, they have grown four legs.

User Info Menu

If that is going to be the fashion for the next season, I have to answer the question what am I going to do? Ignore, tolerate that "fashion" or become a prepper and take shelter in my mancave with my L5 and wait for better things to come? Man, what a perpective. Isn't the energy crisis and the climate change reason for concern enough?
    I grow my own veggies and the heating system is at 18 deg Celsius in the winter. I am getting an old man, I can't handle this...honestly

User Info Menu

The purpose of fashion shows is to promote the corporations that sell perfume and cosmetics under the fashion designer's name.* Nobody wears the ridiculous clothes off the catwalk.

*I freely admit to using Yves Saint-Laurent's Jazz cologne, which at least was created by the great man in 1987. Many other products have no
    relationship with the designers whose names they bear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    […] Was ist das Problem? Ich sehe kein Problem… […]
    Über modischen Geschmack lässt sich streiten. Ich habe ein Problem damit, dass sich in Zeiten einer internationalen Pandemie eine Million Menschen aus der ganzen Welt trifft, ohne Masken zu tragen. –– Taste regarding fashion is debatable. I have a problem with one million people from all over the world meeting in times of an international pandemic without wearing masks. BTW I find the wear on the photo horrible. If you want some real “Trachten” (traditional wear) here is a link to the recording of the 2022 Oktoberfest opening parade. I have not watched it but my mother did and she told me there were even US groups of German descendence among the 9,000 participants. (Not sure if you can watch that in the US, if not use a proxy like hidemyass.)
    Last edited by Bop Head; 09-20-2022 at 01:50 AM.

User Info Menu

I have updated my avatar.
    Bring on the new fashion!

User Info Menu

Über modischen Geschmack lässt sich streiten. Ich habe ein Problem damit, dass sich in Zeiten einer internationalen Pandemie eine Million Menschen aus der ganzen Welt trifft, ohne Masken zu tragen. –– Taste regarding fashion is debatable. I have a problem with one million people from all over the world meeting in times of an international pandemic without wearing masks. BTW I find the wear on the photo horrible. If you want some real “Trachten” (traditional wear) here is a link to the recording of the 2022 Oktoberfest opening parade. I have not watched it but my mother did and she told me there were even US groups of German descendence among the 9,000 participants. (Not sure if you can watch that in the US, if not use a proxy like hidemyass.)
    I just meant "kein Problem" regarding the clothing.

Nobody has been more bullish on the virus than me, but I'm finally over it. And I think it's almost over us.

Unless a new variant arrives. But I'll be quintuple-vaxxed by then.

User Info Menu

Leading by example... "heavy metal"

A prediction of coming fashion-heavymetal-jpg

User Info Menu

Hi, B,
    I used to frequent a German restaurant/ bar in Chicago: "Zum Lieben Augustine" and had the pleasure to know many of the Dirndl-clad waitresses. Ah . . . memories!
    Marinero

User Info Menu

North Korea.............fashion leader?

A prediction of coming fashion-nkextramedals-180982-jpg