The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

i love this ..i imagine Rob Mackillop might too.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I doubt I could ever achieve any kind of proficiency with my limited practice time...but man, I'd love an accordion.

User Info Menu

Hmmmmmm . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images Concertina or Accordian-blow-up-doll-jpg 

User Info Menu

Tone on the recording is surprisingly good but what is happening with the left hand??? It definitely isn't playing all the rhythm section sounds in the video.

Think I'll stick with the tactile experience of interacting with a heavier instrument though.

User Info Menu

What the accordion can teach you about music, with the ever-delightful Nahre Sol and the virtouso Cory Pesaturo

User Info Menu

My nephew just got an accordion. He is a high school senior. He plays trombone, banjo and is picking up the accordion, and his brother plays balalaika. They decided they like non-traditional instruments, and there is actually an informal club they call the UTI Club--UnTraditional Instrument Club.

He is surprisingly good for having had it only a couple of months, and he doesn't even play piano.

wont be long before someone posts Donna Lee on one..lets stick to Jigs,Sea Shanties...Scottish Reels or Irish...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxo
    i love this ..i imagine Rob Mackillop might too.
    Er…no…I hate it. Why? I grew up with that sound, mainly through Jimmy Shand, arguably the finest player of his day and my youth. Every party by my parents and their extended families would feature suffocating aunties pulling me up to dance with them, and lots of formation dances. And bad early school memories of having to dance to this stuff with insufferable girls! Those girls grew into sufferable teenagers, but back then they were insufferable little prigs. The soundtrack to my wasted pre-teen youth! My dad even had a big accordion for a year or two. There was no escape! And now it’s on iPad…how convenient! Arrgghh! no sleep tonight…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxo
    wont be long before someone posts Donna Lee on one.. […]
    Not Donna Lee but Cherokee

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Er…no…I hate it. Why? I grew up with that sound, mainly through Jimmy Shand, arguably the finest player of his day and my youth. Every party by my parents and their extended families would feature suffocating aunties pulling me up to dance with them, and lots of formation dances. And bad early school memories of having to dance to this stuff with insufferable girls! Those girls grew into sufferable teenagers, but back then they were insufferable little prigs. The soundtrack to my wasted pre-teen youth! My dad even had a big accordion for a year or two. There was no escape! And now it’s on iPad…how convenient! Arrgghh! no sleep tonight…
    For you dear Rob.

hahaha Rob..

User Info Menu

There is even a group called The Jimi Shandrix Experience…true. Not as exciting as the name suggests.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head
    Ry's little stretch of records in this style are some of my favorite music, ever.