The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

@Christian - I confess the only Hawking I’ve read is A Brief History Of Time, and that was decades ago.

What struck me about Mersini-Houghton’s work, seemingly shared with that of Penrose, is that it makes predictions that can be tested with observations. I’d always assumed that the multiverse hypothesis had all the plausibility of Michael Moorcock’s Eternal Champion books.

@Fortune - what quantity is that guy referring to when he says something is out by a factor of 10^120?
    Last edited by CliffR; 09-02-2022 at 02:30 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Isaac is fun. If you don't know him, he has idiosyncratic pronunciation, so you may want to turn on the subtitles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Isaac is fun. If you don't know him, he has idiosyncratic pronunciation, so you may want to turn on the subtitles.
    i would say I listen to a lot of Isaac Arthur but more accurately I fall asleep to him a lot to him and Jean Michael Godier (Event Horizon). Calm voice and ambient music does it every time. Something something active support something we’d only need to disassemble three planets and by the time we need it we could do that something zzzzzzzzz

I think those guys are kind of resigned to the fact that people use their podcasts for that purpose haha

User Info Menu

Good luck falling asleep to "Tewwifiying Aliens" or lines like "In the future vast space freighters might trade between worlds, attracting pirates, and in space, no one can hear you ‘arrr’". LMAO. It's just too damn interesting/engaging!

User Info Menu

Good luck falling asleep to "Tewwifiying Aliens" or lines like "In the future vast space freighters might trade between worlds, attracting pirates, and in space, no one can hear you ‘arrr’". LMAO. It's just too damn interesting/engaging!
    Pretty sure Isaac said "no one can hear you 'awww'"

User Info Menu

From what I can gather, he is talking about Cosmology being more theoretically driven, rather than empirically based.

User Info Menu

however terrifying those aliens may be, they are comforting sleepytime listening compared to current events.