The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

In the UK we are likely to experience the hottest recorded temperature here of 40 C this weekend.
    Will it cause damage to my guitars in my home? - no aircon. Thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No, temperature is fine as long as it doesn't change too fast or goes to extremes (direct sunlight, car, etc.).

But it's a good idea to watch humidity, as it can easily drop to low extremes (20-25 %) in hot weather, and this can cause problems over time..

Thankyou

User Info Menu

Good luck! It hit nearly 50C last summer in British Columbia's interior. No damage to guitars, but I murdered quite a few beers.

User Info Menu

It's been the hottest June and (so far) July on record down here. Days on end of temps >100F. And an epic drought, perhaps the worst in history, but that remains to be seen. Almost the entire state of Texas is in extreme drought. I'm starting to worry about my foundation slab, the ground is sinking because it's so dry. The gate on my yard fence barely closes, and I've already taken off a bunch of wood from the gate and the post. The posts are sinking. We did get some rain today, for less than 5 minutes. Better than nothing, but not a lot better. When this gumbo clay gets dry, it becomes adobe. Then it's very hard to get moisture back into it. Gonna be a long hot summer.

User Info Menu

It’s definitely hot here, but so far at least we’ve had a lot of rain. I suspect we will have a dry second half of the summer.

Anyway, hotter than average, and I don’t like it too much, but the humidity is not horrible. As long as I can still drive around with the ‘vert top down, I don’t see a reason to complain.

User Info Menu

It’s been a cool 75 degrees so far in the Northwest. Zero complaints. But August, and the smoke from fires is just around the corner. Global warming is no fun!

User Info Menu

Typical day today in Yuma at 112 degrees but it's a dry heat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy
    In the UK we are likely to experience the hottest recorded temperature here of 40 C this weekend.
    Will it cause damage to my guitars in my home? - no aircon. Thanks
    I think it's supposed to get the hottest on monday/tuesday when, at least where I am, it will reach 37C.

Not great but it could be worse...

User Info Menu

College Station, Texas survived several straight days over 105, but it's a wet heat.

User Info Menu

Right now, it's 87 (Fahrenheit) where I am, with 65% humidity. The "feel like" temp is 97. (According to AccuWeather.) It's been both hotter and more humid at times this week.
    I walk in the morning and lately it's 81 degrees by 7:30.
    It can be draining.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Right now, it's 87 (Fahrenheit) where I am, with 65% humidity. The "feel like" temp is 97. (According to AccuWeather.) It's been both hotter and more humid at times this week.
    It can be draining.
    I feel for you. I can only think back and imagine how much sweat I produced the years I lived in Atlanta especially in an unairconditioned house.

My go-to phrase these days is that “if I had wanted to experience heat and humidity I would never have moved out of the South.”

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    It can be draining.
    Also, cleansing. Stay hydrated, consume appropriate electrolytes, let your kidneys enjoy a lighter load.

Think of it as a free sauna!