The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 107

User Info Menu

Tulsa King.

Sylvester Stallone!

....way better than it has any right to be. I knew
    Sly had acting chops, (see Copland) - but he mostly preferred to be in films where he could play himself. I don't know what happened but he's had a change of heart, I guess. Even tho' I knew he could act he's a bit of a revelation in this. Nice to see at the tail end of his career. A long as I'm opining, I think he should have got into TV 10 or 15 years ago.

Solid cast. Some pretty smart writing too. The guy who was on Northern Exposure plays a barfly, at least I think it's him.

I wa
    sn't expecting much from this but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by ChazFromCali; 01-05-2023 at 01:09 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I get some good laughs out of this show~!
    It's very TX.... by way of Brooklyn.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57
    I get some good laughs out of this show~!
    It's very TX.... by way of Brooklyn.
    S01 E09 tonight................ooof, that ATF bi-&*^%.
    Gave her a million bux and that is how she repays his kindness?
    Wow.

User Info Menu

did NOT see that coming~

User Info Menu

Emily the Criminal.

User Info Menu

I saw a description of this Korean rom-com and I tracked it down on YouTube: "I Am Not a Robot".

It's in the "rich man/poor woman" sub-genre but the ridiculousness of the premise has me hooked:

A rich but reclusive man who is allergic to all human touch seeks to acquire a female robot. (Because, well, you know...) Right before delivery, Robot A-Ji blows up. Luckily, the robot scientist made A-Ji in the exact likeness of his previous girlfriend, Ji-Ah, because that's what nerdy scientists do. Ji-Ah needs the money so she poses as the robot. Comedy and romance ensue!!!

User Info Menu

The Norsemen...hysterically funny...IMO. My girlfriend finds it...tolerable.

Better Call Saul.

Script
    cinematography
    background music (!)
    story
    acting
    comedy pathos

Surprisingly good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Last great show I watched was Mare of Easttown.
    I heard about that. Very good apparently. I just ordered the DVD :-)

User Info Menu

I haven't got TV because there's too much extraneous crap on it but I use the television to watch DVDs. There have been so many top rate films and shows that I've lost count. And I'm fussy.

User Info Menu

I only watch Only Connect and Sort Your Life Out with Stacey Solomon

User Info Menu

Also The Great British Sewing Bee and Pottery Throwdown are OK but I can’t get behind Celebrity Masterchef

User Info Menu

I've yet to see a tv show that was more worthwhile than playing my guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    Have you seen Columbo? Some nights it's a dead even tie for me.

User Info Menu

On Net-a-flix: Mask Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    But you're much deeper and more spiritual than the rest of us.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Have you seen Columbo? Some nights it's a dead even tie for me.
    I feel I need to check it out again one of these days….

Why the world still loves 1970s detective show Columbo - BBC Culture.

Quote:

It was the humanity of Falk's performance that gave Columbo such a universal appeal. "One ought to take one's hat off to the extraordinary acting skills of Peter Falk," says broadcaster, actor and writer Stephen Fry, a Columbo connoisseur who believes it is the greatest television series of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Garrett
    I feel I need to check it out again one of these days….

Why the world still loves 1970s detective show Columbo - BBC Culture.

Quote:

It was the humanity of Falk's performance that gave Columbo such a universal appeal. "One ought to take one's hat off to the extraordinary acting skills of Peter Falk," says broadcaster, actor and writer Stephen Fry, a Columbo connoisseur who believes it is the greatest television series of all time.
    Falk is great. Columbo (the show) I garnered as a class dispute. The murderers are always sneering hi-hats, rich, connected and seeing themselves as entitled while inevitably underestimating the 'bumbling detective'. Columbo never gets angry, never treats anyone with disrespect and loves his wife, dog and car unconditionally. With his deductive brilliance these characteristics set him apart in society. The music is first rate also. Patrick Williams scores most episodes but other high profile composers contribute with good budgets with full orchestra. The later episodes fall prey to synths but still have some good moments.

User Info Menu

Things got weird in the last episode, but as a postmodernist, I can still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I heard about that. Very good apparently. I just ordered the DVD :-)
    Me too!

Looks great.

User Info Menu

Mine's arrived. Yours will be there shortly, no doubt :-)

Television-mofe-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Dang, from the thread title I was expecting this:

Ha! Same here.

User Info Menu

I just finished watching Dear Child (Liebes Kind). Great, taut German series. 6 episodes long that fly by. The setup is a young woman who is hit by a car, thought to be the long-lost missing daughter of a couple. A girl is at the scene who is her “daughter”.

All I can say is a lot of twists and turns, and nothing turns out to be straightforward. The acting and direction are excellent. Also good music and cinematography.

On Netflix in German with English subtitles. (My German was no match for their fast-paced dialogue.) Highly recommended.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Mine's arrived. Yours will be there shortly, no doubt :-)

Television-mofe-jpg
    I hope you like it. The acting is off the charts good.

User Info Menu

“Mare” is binge worthy. There is a county in Pennsylvania called Delaware county. “Delco” to the locals. Kate Winslet nails the local accent. I know quite a few folks from that area. Kate also took a shining to Wawa which is a chain of convenience stores in that region with a cult like following. When in Rome.