The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

not even sure how to title this...i'm looking for those old classic folk tunes, melodies, czardas etc.. tunes people recognize from the old countries, makes them sing their heart out, or party their bippies off ...thanks in advance

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thank You Andy, much appreciated! Yes, Zorba is right on the money, and i had just DRIVEN BY Zorbas adult shop in Scottsdale without making the connection. I knew Miserlou predates Dick Dale, looks like it's from the 20's. I thought more of the the musicologists here might chime in. I will try this on the Django forum. Thanks Again

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch
    Thank You Andy, much appreciated! Yes, Zorba is right on the money, and i had just DRIVEN BY Zorbas adult shop in Scottsdale without making the connection. I knew Miserlou predates Dick Dale, looks like it's from the 20's. I thought more of the the musicologists here might chime in. I will try this on the Django forum. Thanks Again
    Sirtaki from Zorba is not folk - it was composed for the movie by Mikis Theodorakis but it became so much associated with Greece that it is often considered folk as well as the dance that Zorba (Anthony Quinn) danced. Though both have some folk features of course.

User Info Menu

'O surdato 'nnamurato (napolitana)

El Currucha (Venezuela)

User Info Menu

Joseph Joseph